Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest LittleMissAllergy

I Know This Might Be Asking A Lot But...

Guest LittleMissAllergy

I just went to my doctor a few days ago because I was feeling terrible again, and it turns out that I've developed more food sensitivities due to some new bacteria and heavy metals that I've picked up. While we're addressing those issues, I have to stick to a really restricted diet just so I can feel okay to function, but at the same time I have to keep trying to gain weight because I've been sooo underweight for about two years now. This is QUITE difficult with all of the restrictions, especially since I can't digest or metabolize fat. So if I list all of the things I'm sensitive to...do you think any of you could maybe share some ideas on things that I could perhaps do for meals/snacks? They don't have to be high calorie...it just has to be food!

Here's what I can't have:

Gluten

Dairy

High fat foods (especially oil)

A lot of the nuts (Cashews and peanuts and Macadamia nuts especially)

High fat fish or fish high in mercury

Meat and Poultry

Bananas

Cantaloupe

Grapes

Grapefruit

Mango

Lemon

Lime

Strawberries

Chocolate

Cinnamon

Sugar (any kind except fructose, which I can have in moderation)

Honey

Carob

Molasses

Corn

Eggplant

Mushrooms

Onions

Oregano

Black Pepepr

Red and green peppers

White Potatoes (Sweet potatoes and yams are ok)

Spinach

Apple Cider Vinegar

Bakers Yeast

ANY products that you use that you don't see on the list would be welcomed with great joy!! :)

My staples are beans, veggies, brown rice hot cereal, a few fruits and sweet potatoes. I'm having trouble flavoring my food though now because I used to use salsa and tomato sauce in my beans dishes (I eat two bean dishes a day) but now I can't have sugar, onions, oregano or black pepper so that really takes away all of my options for flavor. That's the major issue I'm dealing with right now, so I welcome any suggestions :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you can't digest fat, why don't they have you on digestive enzymes-naturopaths are usually better about prescribing digestive enzymes than the mainstream morons, I mean doctors <_<

If you literally can't metabolize fat, then a good alternative practioner should have discussed MCT oil, which does not require digestion to be absorbed. This comes in both pharmacutical and various "natural" preparations...

http://www.novartisnutrition.com/us/produc...;source=summary

If your doctor, whatever their affilation is not actively working to help you get better, and is advising a lot of dietary restrictions without helping you with alternatives, maybe its time to find a new doctor? :(

I don't eat gluten and neither do my cats

Join eNewsletter

Guest LittleMissAllergy
If you can't digest fat, why don't they have you on digestive enzymes-naturopaths are usually better about prescribing digestive enzymes than the mainstream morons, I mean doctors <_<

If you literally can't metabolize fat, then a good alternative practioner should have discussed MCT oil, which does not require digestion to be absorbed. This comes in both pharmacutical and various "natural" preparations...

http://www.novartisnutrition.com/us/produc...;source=summary

If your doctor, whatever their affilation is not actively working to help you get better, and is advising a lot of dietary restrictions without helping you with alternatives, maybe its time to find a new doctor? :(

Actually, I've just begun working with a naturopath, and she's wonderful :) Those mainstream quacks couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. We're actually working on the bacteria and metals, which in theory will fix the epic list of food sensitivities, but in the meantime I'm hypersensitive and have to stick to this. I've never heard of MCT oil, but I'll look it up, thanks for the suggestion! My naturopath actually suggested coconut water because it's easier to digest and it just has trace amounts of fat, to start off with. That'd be amazing if I could eventually tolerate it along with coconut oil or milk, because that'd be a great addition for flavor (and calories), but I have to start off REALLY slow.

Join eNewsletter

I did not notice almonds or rice on that list, so I am wondering if almond milk or rice milk would be OK? Otherwise, use coconut milk for the basis of a smoothie for breakfast.

I know you can't have bananas, but I didn't see blueberries on the list. You can usually find frozen blueberries all year round, and with some flax seed and chia seed, that could make a good and filling breakfast.

Unfortunately, spinach and mushrooms are on your list, otherwise I would suggest some kind of omelet made with those. But if yellow or purple potatoes are OK, you could make a "fritatta".

If you visit http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/, she gives information about making green smoothies. I have tried them a few times and they are not bad at all!

gluten-free since 2/10/08

EnteroLab results 4/18/08:

Antigliadin IgA 228 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 191 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Anti-casein IgA antibody 127 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Guess I'm going CF now, too!

Join eNewsletter

Actually, I've just begun working with a naturopath, and she's wonderful :) Those mainstream quacks couldn't figure out what the heck was going on.

Sorry, I misread your first post and thought you'd been working with this doc for two years already. One of my dear friends is a naturopath and she generally has folks sorted out inside of six weeks :) . Coconut water is an excellent choice.

Squash, water chestnuts, artichoke, pumpkin, pumpkin seeds, hydrolized amino drinks (hypoallergenic sources of protein, such as Neocate baby formula-all the proteins are completely broken down and totally non allergic) Neocate and blueberry smoothie? :D

If you're reacting to everything, have you looked into Mastocytosis. That it my favorite unknown disease

http://www.tmsforacure.org/

Docs always miss that one.... :(

I don't eat gluten and neither do my cats

Join eNewsletter

What about turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, carrots, squashes (winter like acorn, spagetti, butternut or summer crookneck)?? Peas, split peas, lentils??

Can you have cranberries? If so you could make smoothies with pure unsweetened cranberry juice, your allowed fruits, and if you can find pure rice protein powder, or pure egg protein powder (I didn't notice eggs on your list?), stevia or agave syrup to sweeten a little.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter