Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darlindeb25

Wanted To Take A Second To Introduce My New Grandson

I am never sure how to get pics in some of these forums, so he can be my avatar for a while. The Easter Bunny brought Trevor Jacob to us a little early. He was born at 10:45pm Sat March 22, 2008. He was due on April 16th, so he is just a little early. He weighs 5#11ozs and is 18" long, and thankfully, very healthy. The look on his little face says it all, "WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!" He was a very welcome surprise to his family, he has a big sister Brooklyn, who will be 10 in June, and a big brother, Colin who will be 9 in August. They are both so very proud of their baby brother.

I can't wait for my vacation in May to hug all of my grandchildren and especially to meet this new little angel. He makes #8.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congratulations, he is adorable. I have only one grand child, she will be 5 this year. Hard to believe how time flies. Enjoy them all every chance you get and again congratulations. ;)

Lisa

Mom of four boys

Nana to three granddaughters

Diagnosed with Celiac January 2006 after positive biopsy and follow up with positive blood tests

Diagnosed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome March 2006 after ruling out so many other things

Vitamin B12 deficiency October 2006

Oldest son diagnosed Celiac June 2006 also diagnosed type one diabetic November 2002

Join eNewsletter

Congratulations!! He is absolutely adorable!!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Join eNewsletter

Ya just never know about that Easter Bunny! :D

Congratulations!

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

What a blessing. Thanks for sharing his cute face. :)

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Thank you everyone. Trevor is a preemie, so did have a few glitches. His parents have been a little upset that he hasn't been released as quickly as they thought. He developed jaundice and had to stay under the special lights. His biliruben level had shot up to 13 and he had to be under 3 lights, he looked like he was in a tanning bed! Last night the level had gone down to 11.2, so he finally was released to go home with this special blanket. I didn't even know they had special blankets to use at home! A preemie's birth weight can not drop below 10% either and his had dropped exactly 10% to 5#2ozs. Nick said that Cristy and Trevor were both grumpy yesterday and he felt that once they were home and away from the hospital setting that both would be more relaxed and doing better, which I often think is true. I did remind my baby that the most important thing is, his baby needs to be as healthy as possible when he goes home, that's the most important thing! He's so precious, so tiny and precious. I look at how tiny he is and remember, my first grandson was even smaller, and now, he is almost 10! :lol: Time does fly!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Join eNewsletter

Thank you everyone. Trevor is a preemie, so did have a few glitches. His parents have been a little upset that he hasn't been released as quickly as they thought. He developed jaundice and had to stay under the special lights. His biliruben level had shot up to 13 and he had to be under 3 lights, he looked like he was in a tanning bed! Last night the level had gone down to 11.2, so he finally was released to go home with this special blanket. I didn't even know they had special blankets to use at home! A preemie's birth weight can not drop below 10% either and his had dropped exactly 10% to 5#2ozs. Nick said that Cristy and Trevor were both grumpy yesterday and he felt that once they were home and away from the hospital setting that both would be more relaxed and doing better, which I often think is true. I did remind my baby that the most important thing is, his baby needs to be as healthy as possible when he goes home, that's the most important thing! He's so precious, so tiny and precious. I look at how tiny he is and remember, my first grandson was even smaller, and now, he is almost 10! :lol: Time does fly!

Once he is home they will both be much more relaxed, it is hard to be calm in that kind of setting. Is he in the Nicu or still the nursery?

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Congratulations on your sweet little grandson! Thanks for sharing!!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Join eNewsletter

He is really beautiful. Congratulations and enjoy.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Trevor finally came home last night at 10:30, with his special blankey for babies with high bilirubin levels. He did go back this morning for another testing of his bilirubin levels, but at 1:30 this afternoon, they had not heard from the hospital yet about his levels, they were back home by then. Things will get normal now, with Trevor at home, as normal as things can get with a new baby and a 8 and 9 yr old! :P I can't wait to see them all, and all of my family.

Now, I have got to get to the store, I feel the urge to buy him something very blue!!!!

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

Join eNewsletter

How beautiful! What a little blessing. :wub: I'm sitting here smiling just looking at him...there is something about a baby that just makes my heart happy.

Blessings to your whole family.

-Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Join eNewsletter

sorry I missed the photo!

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter