Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cruelshoes

Rice Chex Is Now Gluten Free!

Here's the scoop. General Mills has reformulated Rice Chex. A phone call to General Mills confirms that it is true. The new formulation does not contain barley malt. The new boxes are rolling out to stores now, but you may not see them for a few months. The new boxes say gluten free on them. Read the box carefully because we will be seeing both for a while.

Here is a link: http://www.bellinstitute.com/wic/topic/sec...amp;itemID=6173

I saw this on another celiac board and am just sharing the good news. It's always great to have another mainstream cereal available.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Awesome :D !!! Although I have JUST realized that I have to kick the dairy [like, yesterday...so haven't searched out alternatives yet] But no worries, because Chex Mix dry is great when you have a craving for something just to munch on!

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

Join eNewsletter

OMG - OMG - OMG! If I have to eat another bowl of Cocoa Pebbles, I think I will die! Because of my nut allergy, it is hard to find cereals that don't cost $6.00 a box without traces of nuts. I need to get rid of the sugar, but I NEED cereal in a big way.

You have made my month!!!!!

Holly Joy

Neg blood test 2006

Life changed on diet - decided against biopsy

allergic to nuts and the environment (including all mold)

asthma, eczema, hypothyroid, celiac

Join eNewsletter

OMG - OMG - OMG! If I have to eat another bowl of Cocoa Pebbles, I think I will die!

:lol: :lol: me too!!

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Join eNewsletter

This is BIG! I have to special order the Health Valley "chex" cereal because I can't find it in my area anymore.

I don't want to be a party pooper but CC concerns me.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

LOL at the Cocoa Pebbles :lol: I love cereal before bed and am getting tired of the Pebbles choices. I can't wait to try them.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

I went out at lunch to buy a box and found it at the first store I went to. Not only does it say gluten free on the front of the box, there is a couple of sentences on the back of the box talking about how it is a good choice for those following a gluten free lifestyle.

Someone actually asked me why I was hugging a box of cereal when I came back to work. The nerve! :)

-Colleen

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

That is so funny. I just got a flyer in the mail yesterday for the Celiac Convention in Los Angeles and it said it was sponsored by Rice Chex. I thought they had barley malt in them and was gonna look it up but forgot about it until now. So not only are they gluten free they are sponsoring a celiac convention!!! How exciting!!! :D

Join eNewsletter

I admit I am a chicken. I am also heartbroken that Wegmans has discontinued thier gluten-free cornflakes with strawberrys. Please if any of the supersensitive folks try this stuff, post back and tell us how it went. I am very leery of CC issues as I react really badly and hope this will really be safe.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

That is so funny. I just got a flyer in the mail yesterday for the Celiac Convention in Los Angeles and it said it was sponsored by Rice Chex. I thought they had barley malt in them and was gonna look it up but forgot about it until now. So not only are they gluten free they are sponsoring a celiac convention!!! How exciting!!! :D

That is so cool! They really seem to be taking this seriously. Sponsoring a celiac convention shows that they are really wanting to reach out to our community. I found the flyer about the convention you are talking about, Looks like a good time!

http://www.celiac.org/downloads/Annual%20C..._2008-small.pdf

I admit I am a chicken. I am also heartbroken that Wegmans has discontinued thier gluten-free cornflakes with strawberrys. Please if any of the supersensitive folks try this stuff, post back and tell us how it went. I am very leery of CC issues as I react really badly and hope this will really be safe.

My son and I are really sensitive to even a trace of CC. We both had a bowl yesterday and have had no ill effects so far. We generally react within 2 hours. So far so good!

-Colleen

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter