Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gfjayhawk

Gluten Free Popcorn Seasonings

We used to buy Dean Jacob's popcorn cheese, but I haven't been able to confirm whether it's gluten-free or not. (I've emailed them, and am waiting to hear back.) In the meantime, do you know of any other good popcorn toppings? My kids are very fond of cheesy popcorn, but I'm not buying anything that's not gluten-free.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Kraft makes a shake on cheese now..it's in a small blue container with a yellow top -- called Macaroni & Cheese, Cheese Topping (Shake on Popcorn & More!). It is by the Parmesan Cheese. It is the same stuff as what is in the Kraft macaroni and cheese boxes. I mainly got it for mac and cheese but have tried it on popcorn, it is okay the cheese tends to go to the bottom of the bowl. (you get 3oz and it was about $1.50 at WalMart)

Good luck!

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

Join eNewsletter

Plain old parmesan with some oregano is yummy

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for the replies. I did get a brief reply back from Dean Jacobs, telling me the popcorn cheese didn't contain gluten. I'm a little leery of possible cc, which they didn't address. So unless they can reassure me about that, I'll keep looking for substitutes. I fear that having celiac disease has made me a wee bit paranoid. :unsure: I'll have to try the Kraft and the parmesan too.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter