Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ridgewalker

My Mom Gave Me A Jar Of Peanut Satay Sauce

Any recipes or suggestions??? Or is it good just on it's own mixed in noodles? The brand is Thai Kitchen. I've had their noodle bowls before, and thought they were pretty good.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sarah,

I don't know what the ingredients are in the peanut satay sauce, but I made a sesame noodle dish with Tinkayada fettucini, peanut butter, tahini, sesame oil, fresh ginger, garlic.

The peanut sauce might have alot of these flavors in it, so you could try just tossing it with the rice noodles, and some bell pepper strips, serve with chicken or beef.

I think it can also be used as a dipping sauce, so if you could figure how to make variations of won tons/egg rolls with rice paper wrappers (I guess that would be spring rolls?).

Search for Chicken Satay recipes (marinated chicken on skewers) to dip in the peanut sauce.

Join eNewsletter

In Thailand Satay sauce is served on skewers of meat. Peanut sauce, or satay sauce, is excellent on meat, eggs, I suppose noodles too. I've even had salad dressings made from it.

But I must say, I don't like that Thai Kitchen version. Tastes rather odd to me. I make my own from scratch.

Join eNewsletter

Thanks, ladies! :D

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter