Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sprue this

gluten-free In Italy (also Known As Pasta Land)

I'm planning a trip to London and Italy (rome, florence, pisa, and small towns) this summer-

Ive always heard theres more awareness and more options in europe, but im more nervous about the Land of Pizza and Pasta than other places.

Has anyone been there since being diagnosed? Or have any idea how likely I am to be able to eat at restaurants/ communicate with waiters etc.

~kaz

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We'll be there all of July too. I was worried until the fourm members filled me in on some of the possibilities and that site that gfp sent you. Seems like there are many more options there

than other places I've been. gluten-free pasta is rather common too. Just let people know aheah of time -- somewhere there is a list of gluten-free restaurants by town too.

If you search online, the spelling is a little different -ceoliac or coeliac

good luck, and have a great trip.

I'm planning a trip to London and Italy (rome, florence, pisa, and small towns) this summer-

Ive always heard theres more awareness and more options in europe, but im more nervous about the Land of Pizza and Pasta than other places.

Has anyone been there since being diagnosed? Or have any idea how likely I am to be able to eat at restaurants/ communicate with waiters etc.

~kaz

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Just click on the region down the left and it lists towns.

However there are many places that have at least heard of celiac disease :D they have a friend or family member etc. so they are much easier to deal with, understand CC etc..

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

Join eNewsletter

talked to a lot of italian food companies at

the show here in tokyo. its amazing how familiar they are with celiac and how many products they make.

looking forward to seeing bunches there.

just have to save so i can ship a bunch home!

Just click on the region down the left and it lists towns.

However there are many places that have at least heard of celiac disease :D they have a friend or family member etc. so they are much easier to deal with, understand CC etc..

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter