Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SweetAmber32

Need Bread Taste Help

I tried that bread receipe (by Laurie- Lorka) mentioned in Mamatides topic. It turned out fine. My parents tried it and my dad said it reminds him of Rye bread. And believe you me, that's a compliment. But the only problem I had with it is the taste. Not that it's bad. I have taste buds that are enlarged, so there can be foods that taste different to me, they are very sensitive. I think that what may be so strong tasting to me is the flax seed meal...but i may be wrong. But with this receipe, what can I add that might....maybe sweeten it? Not too sweet though.

I like the way my stomach feels now, too much, to go back to the way and the what I used to eat.

Cancer Sucks

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hopefully Laurie will answer your question as she is th eauthor. I do know this bread is pretty forgiving. I have used anything I have on hand to make this & it is always very good. I make htis when Ihav elittle bits of different flours leftover & not enough to do anything else with it.... Maybe try teff.

hth

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

What flours did you use? Sorghum adds a little sweetness. We have to be a little careful with adding more sweeteners to yeast recipes. Generally sugar feeds the yeast and salt inhibits the growth so it is important to keep the right ratio. That's what I learned in my pre-gluten-free bread baking days anyway. I can't tolerate much flax so I sometimes omit it or substitute a nut meal made in my food processor. Walnuts are good. Almond would be sweeter.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Totally off topic . . . Amber!! Love that av!!!

Me too. My cat does that once in a while!

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for the compliments on my avatar. I've had cats do that too.

BTW Missy'sMom, I used the sorghum in place of the garfava flower and the bread turned out beautiful. And better tasting.

I like the way my stomach feels now, too much, to go back to the way and the what I used to eat.

Cancer Sucks

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter