Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lshetler

Swollen Lymph Node :(

I have a lot of health problems related with Celiac's, so it's hard to pinpoint symptoms for various problems. I've had a swollen lymph node in my neck for over a year at least. It's almost 1inch in size. I saw a doctor about it a year ago and they told me to come back if it didn't go away. I forgot about it after a few months because it seemed to shrink a bit, but now I'm kicking myself. Fortunately, it didn't grow much, if at all.

I'm scheduling an appointment tomorrow, but I still want some information if anyone has some to give. I read that some people with Celiac's simply have swollen lymph nodes, and that they eventually go away with normal diet. I also read, however, that people with Celiac's also have a much higher rate of lymphoma than others. I'm a 21 year old male, so that also raises my likelihood. I also realize that lymphoma is extremely rare, and that I've had various other serious medical scares which proved to be false alarms.

The swelling isn't painful, it's a bit hard and rubbery, it's fixed to the skin/immobile, and it's right behind my ear.

Edit: I also have problems with anemia, which I had always attributed to Celiac's, but it's a symptom of lymphoma as well.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know it's normal to panic over things like this...but try not to until you have a reason. Hard lymph nodes could be nothing more than calcified (I'm not sure that's the right term). I've had that happen several times as I was growing up, and into adulthood. It was caused by infections, often long term infection. They generally go away over time. I used to get a LOT of ear, kidney, sinus etc., infections until well into my 30's, and always had a difficult time getting rid of them. NOW I know why. Anyway.....go to your appointment, let the Doc take a look. Keep your fears at bay because they are not helping you. Easier said than done, I know. Good luck, heal quickly, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE

Theresa

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter