Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrs turbo

Praise Report

Our family has been gluten free for 1 month and all is well. My son, who we suspect has celiac, although his GI sais it is very unlikely since only less than 1% have it, is doing great. He no longer has 5 bm's a day which went from very messy to all out diarrhea. He now has one formed bowel movement a day, and no cramping. If any one out there is thinking they need to go gluten free, but docs say it is a waste of time just do it. My whole family has never felt better. We give God almighty all the praise and glory for his never ending love and healing!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That is excellent. And you can tell your doctor that his information is outdated! It is now recognized that 33% of the general American population has celiac disease. It is also suspected that around 80% of people have a gluten intolerance (which most doctors wouldn't believe, of course).

Good for you for going with your instincts and making your son well.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join eNewsletter

Glad you found your answer! And my first thought is 1% is still a lot of people! You doctor probably has several patients who have it if he's going by those statistics. But I agree with Ursa, the percentage is higher than 1.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter