Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! I have been gluten free for two years and feeling good. I have still had trouble with anemia and three months ago started on a twice day iron/vitamin C combo. After a month of that I felt fantastic. Then three weeks ago I started having diahreaha and haven't stopped. I read where too much Vitamin C can cause this so I stopped the vitamin C. So far it hasn't helped at all. The only other new addition to my diet is Microgestin 1.5 from Watson pharma but I called the manufacturer and their fillers do not contain gluten. I live in Vegas so if anyone has a dr. who knows about celiac please pass that on as well. Thank you!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Maybe another intolerance has reared it's ugly head now. Some nightshades give me diarrhea, such as tomatoes. They make me very ill, within a very short time! I too, had been gluten free for around 3 years when my next intolerance showed itself, which was soy.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Join eNewsletter

If you're sure that there's no gluten sneaking in somewhere (think personal care products, etc), I would begin considering additional food intolerance.

It's not at all uncommon for Celiacs to have sensitivities to other foods. Good places to start--soy, dairy, corn, other grains--and tapioca. I'm sensitive to it, as are several other people here. It's in a lot of gluten-free replacement foods.

Good luck with everything :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

Some celiacs developed an intolerance to the alternative starches they use once going gluten free.

If you are sure that you are not ingesting any hidden gluten, you might want to cut out fatty or carbohydrate filled foods as this might help.

Also try keeping a food/symptoms diary as this may help you pin point what is making you sick.

If none of this works, go see an allergist.

Good luck :)

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

Join eNewsletter

Help! I have been gluten free for two years and feeling good. I have still had trouble with anemia and three months ago started on a twice day iron/vitamin C combo. After a month of that I felt fantastic. Then three weeks ago I started having diahreaha and haven't stopped. I read where too much Vitamin C can cause this so I stopped the vitamin C. So far it hasn't helped at all. The only other new addition to my diet is Microgestin 1.5 from Watson pharma but I called the manufacturer and their fillers do not contain gluten. I live in Vegas so if anyone has a dr. who knows about celiac please pass that on as well. Thank you!

Thank you everyone! I will try all the things you suggested and greatly appreciate your help.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter