Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello, I have been craving sushi like crazy lately, and have had to many flops trying to make it. So I was curious if anybody knows of a certain restaurant or grocery store that sells gluten free sushi? When I was at Whole Foods, and Safeway, I read the ingredients on the sushi they had there and of course either it had crab meat in it which had wheat starch, or it had soy sauce marinade on the veggies in the sushi. I saw Trader Joes had a veggie sushi that was gluten free, but when I went there I read the ingredients, and it had wheat, and found out its ONLY there east coast stores. Also, I'm kinda nervous about going to a sushi bar where the workers don't speak the best of English, and might confuse my requirements of what I can and can't have...Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Rachel

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I go out for sushi ALL the time with no problem. You can have any type of the raw fish, except for the imitation crab meat, the eel (cause the eel is made with soy sauce) and the tamago. I always just bring my own soy sauce and have never had any problem at all. I would have to say that I have eaten sushi at at least 10 different restaurants and never once had a problem. I never bought it already prepared at a grocery store, but restaurants were never a problem for me. So, enjoy!