Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dolcenotte

Thai Restaurant Soy Sauce

I went to my favorite Thai restaurant tonight. The owners showed us all the sauces they use. All of them seemed fine, including the soy sauce. Here is what the English ingredients listed: bean, salt, sugar, water. This soy sauce is directly from Thailand and much like the other sauces, everything says no artificial flavors or coloring added. It also states what type of plants they are manufactured in. Now, is this list of ingredients just vague and the wheat/yeast is added to the bean and they didnt write it or is it made without wheat? The brand is Sweet Soy Sauce (Superior). I wrote down a number that I believe is in Thailand from the bottle. I dont know how much good it will do. What do you think? Would you use it in your foods?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I used to love Thai food but have become very paranoid about much of it.

Asked the waiter to check if there was any flour in the curries and he took the flower off the table!. Also Ive seen rice papers which are not 100% rice.

Soy sauce is tricky. Is the lable in English or were they translating for you?

I also worry abour cross contamination in thai kitchens. If you trust them after explain the details then I would go for it.

good luck

I went to my favorite Thai restaurant tonight. The owners showed us all the sauces they use. All of them seemed fine, including the soy sauce. Here is what the English ingredients listed: bean, salt, sugar, water. This soy sauce is directly from Thailand and much like the other sauces, everything says no artificial flavors or coloring added. It also states what type of plants they are manufactured in. Now, is this list of ingredients just vague and the wheat/yeast is added to the bean and they didnt write it or is it made without wheat? The brand is Sweet Soy Sauce (Superior). I wrote down a number that I believe is in Thailand from the bottle. I dont know how much good it will do. What do you think? Would you use it in your foods?

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter