Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motif

Any Good Doctors Left ? - Just Horrible

Just came back from the doctor totally frustrated - how they're getting their diploma? :o

I told him all my symptoms and he said it's not possible that I had symptoms all over body,

that I read too much internet and impose on myself sickness...

Then I have to suggest him maybe I have spine problem or celiac, so he gave me referral for blood test,

then I ask does it test also for B12 level? He said no, if you want I can add this too to the test...

can you believe this? I have to tell him what possible test to do! And he still gets irritated that I read internet and know something about my symptoms.

Anyway, it's horrible they know nothing, they don't listen to me when I describing my symptoms, they don't try

even to figure out from it what is the cause, all they know is writing drugs prescription which will kill you anyway sooner or later from side effects...No doctor helped me ever to be honest.

I just want to thanks for forums like these, because I can get more information and support here then from so called doctors...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I feel for ya motif. Went through some of the same myself.

It could be laughable if it weren't so terrible & potentially harmful.

There seem to be several horrible Dr posts EVERY week here.

I told him all my symptoms and he said it's not possible that I had symptoms all over body, that I read too much internet and impose on myself sickness...

The nerve!!

Then I have to suggest him maybe I have spine problem or celiac,

I meant to say earlier - nerve issues, like peripheral neuropathy are awfully common in advanced celiac cases.

Besides tingling & numbness, I had a long stretch where, even tho lying down, I'd suddenly feel like I stepped on a tack, for instance.

Mine went away w/ gluten-free, tho slower than the intestinal problems.

I keep wondering what country you're in. (Hope I'm not guessing wrong) France? Europe anyway?

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Yep, I feel for you.

I think this is a really common experience for a lot of people on this forum. I went through 8 years (still a lot shorter than some people) of doctors telling me that I had some unknown virus, or was depressed, or there was nothing wrong with me.

I diagnosed myself with a little research (being a nurse helped) before going to my doctor and demanding blood tests and an endoscopy.

There is a solution to your problem: FIND A NEW DOCTOR!!!!

Take your health in your own hands and demand nothing less than their full attention.

Good luck :)

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.

I keep wondering what country you're in. (Hope I'm not guessing wrong) France? Europe anyway?

Tom,

I live in US 10 years already, but originally from Europe.

I had same bad experiences in both places though.

Because of that I ended up studying myself alternative medicine and only go to doctor for e.g. X ray referral etc.

In my opinions and many others 90% of physicians are useless and even dangerous.

4 years ago I thought I was almost dying and nobody knows why (now I know it could be because celiac disease), even they did catscan they have no clue what is wrong. Then I started googling internet for alternative cures, first what I found was the oldest and the best method for everything which is enema. After a month of treatment I was like newborn, fresh and young...Why any of the so called doctors couldn't suggest that to me?

There is a solution to your problem: FIND A NEW DOCTOR!!!!

thanks, but I don't need other doctor, have tried too many. I need them only for lab tests anyway...

Even interpretation I do myself.

thanks, but I don't need other doctor, have tried too many. I need them only for lab tests anyway...

Even interpretation I do myself.

rofl that is exactly how I feel! :lol:

Hashimoto's (Hypothyroidism) 07

Anemia, Folic acid and B12 deficiencies Feb/08

Chronic Epstein-Barr Virus April/08

Biopsy and endoscopy pos 08

Chronic Gastritis - barf - 08