Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone know...if you buy a package of coffee and say it's vanilla coffee. The ingredients are 100% coffee and natural and artificial flavorings would this be gluten-free?

I'm concerned my coffee is making me sick!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The flavoring chemicals in coffee can be pretty scary even when gluten free. I grow kona coffee but sometimes like flavored ones so I use dry orange peel or cinnamon stick or even vanilla bean and grind it with my beans. Dry orange peel ground with coffee beans is really great!

Does anyone know...if you buy a package of coffee and say it's vanilla coffee. The ingredients are 100% coffee and natural and artificial flavorings would this be gluten-free?

I'm concerned my coffee is making me sick!

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

I contacted P & G because Millstone is pretty common brand around here, plus my daughter wants to drink the flavored coffees. I didn't want to drink them and get sick (although I dont tend to drink flavored but just in case).

Here is the response:

Hi Barb,

Thanks for contacting us.

I'm happy to let you know there is no gluten in any of our coffee product, flavored or black.

Additionally, we are aware of the seriousness of true food allergies and want to make sure you have the most current and correct information. Because products change and consumers may refer to outdated, incorrect information, we no longer send out printed lists of products which do or that do not contain particular ingredients.

All of our food packages have ingredient statements on them. If any foods or ingredients known to cause allergies are in the product, they will be listed on the label. We always recommend that anyone with sensitivity to particular foods or ingredients should read these labels carefully. If you need additional information on how to read ingredient statements on labels, please call the Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network at 1-800-929-4040 or you can visit their website at http://www.foodallergy.org.

Thanks for your interest in Folgers and hope you'll visit us again soon.

Folgers Team

P.S. If you

~Barb

Gluten Free October 18, 2007

YIPPEE for Gluten free