Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LilSparkPlug

Gluten Free Restaurants On Long Island

Memorial Day weekend I'll be in the East Islip area of Long Island. I'm staying at the LaQuinta in Bohemia and searched a bit but I'm just not familiar enough with the towns to know how close the restaurants I found are to the area I'll be staying at. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time I'm traveling since I was diagnosed....I'm nervous. ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Memorial Day weekend I'll be in the East Islip area of Long Island. I'm staying at the LaQuinta in Bohemia and searched a bit but I'm just not familiar enough with the towns to know how close the restaurants I found are to the area I'll be staying at. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the first time I'm traveling since I was diagnosed....I'm nervous. ;)

Thanks in advance :)

You're in luck! Mama's is one of the best Italian restaurants with a gluten free menu. It's in Oakdale, which is right next to Bohemia.

Here's a link to the address, and also where you can search for more restaurants.

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/adv_s...p;submit=Search

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Mama's is fantastic. I live about half an hour away when I'm not at school and it's worth the trip every time. Get the fried calamari! (My mom tried to send it back to the kitchen because she was convinced it wasn't gluten-free. That's how good it was!)