Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imsohungry

I Would Like To Experiment With...

Hey everyone,

I need suggestions. I've started buying the boxed Thai food and powdered mixes, but I need help adding in variety to the stir fry.

I've used broccoli, carrots, bean sprouts, cashews, peanuts, celery, onion, bell pepper, eggs, and mushrooms in different combinations. Any other suggestions?

Also, I like my Thai food to have that "pop" to it...not salty or sweet, but kind of hot I guess...people who love Thai food will know what I'm talking about. What spice is that? :huh:

I made pad thai the other night; it was pretty good. And I made a stir fry that was WAY to salty.

I'm not a person who likes "out of the box" food very much...most of the time I like to add ingredients or make it from scratch. I just feel like there are other ingredients and spices that I could use to add variety to my asian meals. I'm having a mental block (anyone surprised?) :rolleyes:

Thanks for helping! -Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

-water chestnuts

-cut up ginger root or powdered ginger

-scallions

-garlic

-cucumber (raw or barely cooked, throw in at last second)

-cabbage/bok choy

also play with your sauces- using a wheat-free soy sauce as a base, play with: lemon, ginger, sesame oil, hot sauce, red pepper, brown sugar, etc.

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.