Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

deener

What About Microwave Popcorn Please!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I was just recently diagnosed and went and saw a nutritionist and she gave me a bunch of stuff to read through. It is listed on one of the sheets that Newmans Own relases a line of microwave popcorn and that the butter, natural , light butter, butter boom, 94% fat free, white cheddar cheese are to be gluten free. I also have 8 pages of just manufacturers and there 800 #'s so if you need a companys # just let me know and i'll look it up to see if I have it. Good luck

Newmans Own List for Celiacs

ACTII just recently revised their statement on this. The one below is different from what I have on file. This below seems to be the typical ConAgra blurb.

Hope you get some popcorn soon!

Christine

Which of your products contain gluten?

We are sorry to inform you that we do not have a source that lists the gluten content of our products. However, our product labels list common allergens; such as wheat, for those allergic to wheat gluten.

Ha ha - I can definately relate to that! My biggest concern when I went on this diet was - 'oh my gosh! what about my nightly popcorn?!'.

I've been eating Act II with no problem (and I'm super-sensitive).

Also, Jolly Time: Blast O Butter (regular & light), ButterLicious (regular & light),

Healthy Pop, American's Best, Crispy N White (Reg & Ligt), and White & Buttery.

Newman's Own

Oh, and my gluten-free Listing has ActII: All Microwave Popcorns- as gluten-free, but that was the 8th edition. Don't know if the 9th has even come out yet, but, like I said, I've not had a problem with it, and I'm very sensitive.

oooooh - Crunch n Munch is gluten-free too - YUM!

Happy popping!