Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

:rolleyes: well--i got a new job and the 1st week there all of my new co-workers had colds, so, you guessed it :o --i got it this week--i went to CVS and i bought their maximun strength 12 hour decongestant and their 12 hour nasal spray--i know that body aches come with colds--but the worst of my body aches came after the worse of the cold symptoms were over with--everything aches--my ribs especially and i am not coughing--this is the kind of reaction i get from soy--i read the ingred. but think i must be missing something <_< : carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, dibasic calcium phosphate, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose,polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, and titanium dioxide--- -the only other thing i have had that could possibly be a problem is Kroger's Zesty Blend brand of Mrs. Dash--but i am sure it is gluten-free--i know there is no soy in it and this is the reaction i get from soy, not gluten--any help out there is appreciated--i feel so bad and when i feel this way my panic comes back and i cant have that :( -----i dont know if its this med, but i am going back to walmarts brand--i know it doesnt bother me--i know, i know--why didnt i go there anyways--i was in a hurry and CVS is 3 blocks from work--walmart 5 miles--i should have gone the distance :angry: deb

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Deb,

I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

Next time your coworkers start bringing their crud to the office, you might try Airborne. It's a formulation of herbs and vitamins, etc. that's reputed to stave off colds and flu. I have found it at CVS in the cold/flu rememdy section on the bottom shelf. I didn't see anything on the ingredient list that looked like soy derivative, but you should probably check with manufacturer first.

Normally I don't believe in stuff like that, but I took some before going over to my employer's house one night. It's a plague house. They have 2 small children and the entire family is always sick with something. Every time in the past I've been over there I've gotten sick, but I didn't get sick the time I took Airborne, despite the fact my boss was sick that night and those 2 sticky children were running around with cough.

I hope you feel better soon.

Archived