Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msimpson

Question For A Doctor

Last April I had an upper endoscopy to rule out Eosinophilic gastroenteritis and Sprue and the results showed slight atrophy of the duodenal mucosa. Doesn't that mean Celiacs Disease??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What did your doctor say about it?

If you are concerned about your doctor missing the diagnosis, it may be worth it to contact a local Celiac support group to ask for a recommendation for a knowledgable doctor, and visit them with your records, including your biopsy/pathology report.

Here is some info on the biopsy:

http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.ed.../C04-Biopsy.htm

Hi sorry this just seemed like the right place to post this. I have recently had a blood test for celiacs disease but came up negative even though whenever I eat gluten I get bloated stomach, stomach pain and the big D. When I went back to the doctors they put me on a gluten free diet and told me to reintroduce things slowly however I could only take small amounts of things before I felt ill again. I am now not sure what to do as I dont want to cut out gluten unnecessarily but also dont want to feel ill? should I get a biopsy just to check that I dont have something else and am excluding gluten needlessy?

Kind Regards

Richard Freeman

Your body is more accurate than any lab test. If something (anything) makes you sick when you eat it, it's a good indication that you probably shouldn't be eating it.

You could get a biopsy, if you think it will help you understand what your body is doing, but even if it's negative, you're still stuck with the fact that gluten makes you feel bad when you eat it.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.