Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luciasmom

Constipation

My 2 yr old daughter who we suspect has celiac disease has been gluten free for a few months now. We've never had constipation problems before, but since going on a trip two weeks ago to Disney she's been really constipated even though i'm giving her a lot of fruits and fiber. Instead of going once or twice a day (like she used to before our trip) she now goes every 4 days...Does this sound familiar to anyone? Help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My 2 yr old daughter who we suspect has celiac disease has been gluten free for a few months now. We've never had constipation problems before, but since going on a trip two weeks ago to Disney she's been really constipated even though i'm giving her a lot of fruits and fiber. Instead of going once or twice a day (like she used to before our trip) she now goes every 4 days...Does this sound familiar to anyone? Help!

Did she eat fries and things while there? Sometimes things you don't expect to have gluten in them, do have gluten in them. It could be celiac disease or it could be that she is constipated from the fatty foods supplied at Disney Land!

If it doesn't get better once she is back on her regular diet, I would suggest seeing a doctor.

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.