Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmchr4

Tasty Gf Waffles

This is a recipe for wholegrain brown rice waffles at Sue Gregg's site. They are really good, and inexpensive. Everybody likes them here except my husband who doesn't like waffles anyway.

http://www.suegregg.com/recipes/breakfasts...terwafflesA.htm

Be sure to blend for about 5 minutes before adding the baking powder, though. Otherwise they'll crumble and stick to the waffle iron. I made them first with the buttermilk and then with the rice milk. They didn't turn out that much different from each other and they both tasted great! I plan on trying out some of the other gluten-free grains. I didn't let it sit overnight, but I plan on trying that later too. They freeze well too.

You can also make pancakes this way too, if you like.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I would like to share my gluten-free waffle recipe. I have experimented quite a bit and come up with this recipe. You must have a well-seasoned waffle maker to make these. I actually use a Mickey Mouse waffle maker that we got at Disney World.

1/2 cup gluten-free Flour (2 parts brown or white rice flour, 2/3 parts potato starch flour, 1/3 part tapioca flour)

1/4 cup Sorghum flour

1/4 cup garbanzo flour

2 Tbs ground flax seed

1 tsp xanthan gum

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

1 1/4 cup gluten-free buttermilk

1 egg

2 Tbs oil

Mix all dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients right on top of dry, then mix thoroughly together. Cook on high heat for approx 3-4 minutes. These freeze well and reheat best if you spread them with butter first.