Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cherry Tart

Southern California gluten-free Bakery - Sweet Addictions

Hello All!

I've wrote last summer about my friend Annette who opened up Sweet Addictions bakery in Montclair, CA. She makes specialty gluten-free goodies and cakes (including Wedding cakes!). I just wanted to let you guys know that she will have a booth at the Celiac Conference in Los Angeles on May 3. Annette will bring a variety of goodies to taste and purchase! I shall be loitering at her booth, eating myself into a brownie coma :P

Hope to see you there! :)

Diagnosed & gluten-free - April 2004 :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello, I live in Southern California (Riverside), maybe 25 miles from Montclair and I had not heard about Sweet Addictions Bakery in Montclair! I will have to obtain more info.

Hello, I live in Southern California (Riverside), maybe 25 miles from Montclair and I had not heard about Sweet Addictions Bakery in Montclair! I will have to obtain more info.

Hi Hippiegirl!

Sweet Addictions opened up less than a year ago - it is in the northwest part of Montclair. Annette always has gluten free goodies on Thursdays. However, she makes gluten-free items per order throughout the week. Note, she does make regular wheat based baked goods too. She has taken great precautions to avoid cross contamination - she thoroughly wipes everything down between baking, stores the gluten-free and wheat supplies seperately, uses dedicated baking utensils/pans, and keeps the gluten-free items on seperate shelves in the display case. She has quite a few G.F. items offer: peanut butter or choc chip cookies, blondies, banana bread, cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, lemon bars, mini pecan pies, decorated birthday/wedding cakes (by order only), and frosted brownies (since the gluten-free brownies came out so great - she doesn't even serve gluten based ones - these are the only G.F. goodies available all week!). I suggest calling on Wed or Thurs AM to check availability and ask them to set some things aside for you - she usually sells out of the gluten-free goods before the end of the day. If interest grows, she will offer gluten-free items on other days. My favorites are the brownies and the chocolate cupcakes with caramel frosting! Here's her web address: http://www.sweetaddictions.biz/ I know I sound like a cheesy commercial but, I want everyone to know about her wonderful bakery! :wub:

Diagnosed & gluten-free - April 2004 :)

Hi Hippiegirl!

Sweet Addictions opened up less than a year ago - it is in the northwest part of Montclair. Annette always has gluten free goodies on Thursdays. However, she makes gluten-free items per order throughout the week. Note, she does make regular wheat based baked goods too. She has taken great precautions to avoid cross contamination - she thoroughly wipes everything down between baking, stores the gluten-free and wheat supplies seperately, uses dedicated baking utensils/pans, and keeps the gluten-free items on seperate shelves in the display case. She has quite a few G.F. items offer: peanut butter or choc chip cookies, blondies, banana bread, cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, lemon bars, mini pecan pies, decorated birthday/wedding cakes (by order only), and frosted brownies (since the gluten-free brownies came out so great - she doesn't even serve gluten based ones - these are the only G.F. goodies available all week!). I suggest calling on Wed or Thurs AM to check availability and ask them to set some things aside for you - she usually sells out of the gluten-free goods before the end of the day. If interest grows, she will offer gluten-free items on other days. My favorites are the brownies and the chocolate cupcakes with caramel frosting! Here's her web address: http://www.sweetaddictions.biz/ I know I sound like a cheesy commercial but, I want everyone to know about her wonderful bakery! :wub:

Hello, Thank you for all the information! I checked out the Sweet Addictions website, looks great. Nice to know I have options close by, looking forward to trying it.

Patty H.