Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stargirl

One Year!

I have now been Gluten Free for one year, officially. It feels like forever and a day. It's gotten a lot more natural but it is still odd to consider that this is a life long committment. This is my post of success, I survived!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congratulations!

It does feel like a lot longer when 1 year comes around. You've done it this long and now you know you'll make it the rest of your life!

celiac3270,

I'm sorry to see that you aren't feeling well yet. I met a man

through a family friend who said that it took him 3years

to heal, he is a lot older than you. Just a thought, have you

given up dairy? Thats what I had to do and I know others

have.

Thanks--no, haven't tried that because the tests said that I didn't have any intolerances/allergies with milk products/dairy/casein/lactose, etc.

It does feel like a lot longer when 1 year comes around. You've done it this long and now you know you'll make it the rest of your life!

Yes--the first year does seem to take forever. It's hard to believe that only a year ago I was eating wheat-filled bagels every morning, pizzas, pastas, etc.

Congrats again, Stargirl :D

Guest Bsecen

Congrats, it should get a lot easier to be able to resist a lot of things now that you are on your first year but things are still hard to resist. I had a doughnut just yesterday :( and I have been on this diet for 4 years. But it does get a lot easier.

Tiffany