Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunshyne

Support Group On Oregon?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Is there a support group in Salem area or anywhere between there and Oregon City. I live North East of Salem. What happens in these support groups anyway. I would just love to find someone who has been there done that, who can answer questions.

Nancy

I have a low carb store in eugene and I am getting ready to devote shelf and freezer space to gluten-free. I also have floor space where groups could meet...free of charge of course! If there is anyone in the area who is interested in getting something going, please let me know. eugenelowcarb@yahoo.com

I realize that these are old posts, but Nancy, I've heard that the Salem group is incredible, but that was a few years ago.

Tom, I haven't heard of active groups outside of Portland and Salem areas. I heard a rumor a few years ago that there was a bit of a group in Bend.

Hope this helps!

I asked this in another thread, but does anyone know of any gluten-free friendly restaurants in Bend? Thanks!

We finally have a Gluten Free Support Group in Eugene, Oregon!

Our next gathering is Thursday, November 9th @ 6pm; I posted on Craigslist under 'Groups'.

This week we will have guest speaker, raffle items, recipe exchange, and much more!

Email, or call me for more information & directions:

brynn, 541.338.8522 or brynn@choiceshealthfood.com

See you there!

<br />I realize that these are old posts, but Nancy, I've heard that the Salem group is incredible, but that was a few years ago.<br /><br />Tom, I haven't heard of active groups outside of Portland and Salem areas. I heard a rumor a few years ago that there was a bit of a group in Bend.<br /><br />Hope this helps!<br /><br />I asked this in another thread, but does anyone know of any gluten-free friendly restaurants in Bend? Thanks!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There is a little bake shop with some gluten-free stuff that is really good in Sisters. On the side street next to a fishing shop....if you are heading from salem to bend the side street with the bake shop is on the left, ones street over....wish I could recall more....sorry

I am in Albany Oregon and must drive to Salem or Eugene to attend a support group....and don't seem to get emails back from the one closest to me in Salem......I think the other salem group that responded to me said it would be ok for me to attend their meetings.....but we all need to get busy creating more support groups. Food is like language, it is a natural social need to be around others who eat and talk like we do.

I started a support group in Eugene / Springfield for gluten free kids and their families. I have two kids that needed the support. We attended the Salem R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids) and thought it was great and just what we needed in Eugene.

We have gluten free samples and foods. Activities are provided for the kids while they have fun with other gluten free kids and the parents swap stories, recipes, tips, etc...

For more information about this support group, please call Sheri at 541-747-1696 or e-mail at gf_kids.rock@yahoo.com (when e-mailing please type ROCK in the subject line)