Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strawberrygm

Can You Interpret These Lab Results For Me?

My dd has been tested for celiacs.

I have the lab results of tests ran over the past few weeks pasted below.

What do they look for regarding celiacs?

Do these look positive or negative to you?

Anything jump out at you?

Thanks so much!!

04/14/08 16:16 UABasicCOLOR: YELLOW CHARACTER: CLEAR Specific Gravity UA: 1.008* PH Urine: 8.5* Glucose Urine: Negative CLINITEST (PED SCR): Negative ALBUMIN URINE: Negative KETONE URINE: Negative UROBILINOGEN: 0.2 LEUKOCYTE ESTERASE: Negative NITRITE: Negative CATHETERIZED: Not Indicated

04/03/08 03:20 UABasicCOLOR: GREEN CHARACTER: CLEAR Specific Gravity UA: 1.011* PH Urine: 6.0 Glucose Urine: Negative CLINITEST (PED SCR): Negative ALBUMIN URINE: Negative KETONE URINE: Negative BILIRUBIN: Negative UROBILINOGEN: 0.2 LEUKOCYTE ESTERASE: Negative NITRITE: Negative BLOOD: Negative CATHETERIZED: No

04/03/08 03:20 CBCWBC: 6.4 Hemoglobin Blood: 13.0 PCV BLOOD: 39 PLATELET COUNT: 261 Red Blood Cells: 4.61 MCV: 85 MCH: 28.2 Mean Corpuscle Hemoglobin Concentration: 33.2 Red Blood Cells Width Distribution: 12.9

04/03/08 03:20 DifferentlNEUTROPHILS %: 31.0* LYMPHS %: 58.2* MONOCYTES %: 7.4 EOSINOPHIL %: 2.5

04/03/08 03:20 BasicMetabSodium Blood: 136 Potassium Blood: 3.7 Chloride Blood: 105 Carbon Dioxide Blood: 27 Urea Nitrogen Blood: 7 Creatinine Blood: 0.44 Glucose Blood: 107 Calcium Blood: 9.7 AN-GAP: 4

04/03/08 03:20 CompMetabBILIRUBIN TOTAL BLOOD: 0.9 ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE BLD: 372* SGOT Blood: 23 SGPT BLOOD: 12

04/03/08 03:20 RoutChemsAMYLASE BLOOD: 14

05/13/04 13:30 Microbiol.GasU: Negative

dd age 12 -- diagnosed celiac via 2 positive bloodtests april 08 & biopsy june 08

ds age 5 -- bloodwork negative aug 2008

ds age 3 -- not tested yet

ds infant -- not tested yet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What you have posted is a urinalysis and a metabolic panel. There are no celiac blood tests included. These tests would would be:

Antigliadin IgA and IgG

Anti-tissue Transglutaminase Antibody (tTG), IgA and Anti-endomysial

Total serum IgA

Did they run the celiac panel? Can you find out and post the results?

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

I am afraid she has not been tested for celiac disease at all, none of those are celiac disease tests!

If you want her tested for celiac disease, she will need to get those specific tests. Somebody else will give you the exact list of tests, I am not sure what they are (there are five of them).

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh ok.

well heck i dont know.

he told me they were testing her for celiacs.

what i posted is all that was shown on the site.

i wonder if they didnt post them, or what he is planning?

i know i have to call him tomorrow to give him an update on how she has felt all week.

thanks for trying!

i will keep you all updated!

do you know what any of these results mean?

dd age 12 -- diagnosed celiac via 2 positive bloodtests april 08 & biopsy june 08

the ones that have * beside them are out of normal range according to the site