Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OBXMom

Home From School, Again

Allie, this recipe looks delicious, healthy & easy, and I will try it for my daughter, for whom we are awaiting enterolab results, and the rest of us. However, my little guy would not be able to bring himself to try this. He can't do combined ingredients, with only a couple of exceptions like cereal with rice milk and brownies. He eats no fresh fruit and never has.

His fear of foods is definitely a problem, and we are on a waiting list for a counselor specializing in feeding issues to help us.

Thanks again-

Jane

[Zucchini bread - I had forgotten he used to eat that. I'm going to make some right away. Thanks for these ideas, plus your post above. You've given me some things to think about . . .

I forgot to mention carrot cookies.

When I was little I hated most veggies. That is until I discovered it was because we always had canned, not fresh. It really took awhile to convince my parents that canned veggies are awful. I still don't like them.

I think I might suggest buying a bag of fresh peas (still in the pods), and put them on the table to munch on like a snack. Rather than ask him to try them, just munch on them yourself, and I bet he gets to feel left out if he doesn't try them. A few exclamations like "yum! yum!" should help, as long as you don't exaggerate :)

I remember liking a simple carrot salad, made with shredded carrots, raisins, and some lemon juice. I couldn't get enough of that!

• Forum Discussions

Mistakes can set you back.  Remember, celiac disease is an autoimmune response.  Once triggered, it can go off for days, weeks or months.  Like my family member who has MS.  She would have severe flares that would last for six weeks or mor...
    Apart from a couple of mistakes I’ve been gluten free for a month now.  I still have issues with digestion.  Pain in my abdomen (like there is a blockage ) if I eat a big meal.  Small meals are fine, and I still get excessive wind and nause...
    No I dont take any medicines.