Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CuriousOne

Dogtorj's Take On Celiac...gluten/lectins/viruses/etc

Okay, from what I read... this is what DogtorJ (dogtorj.net) is theorizing about celiac, or just intolerances to things like gluten,dairy, soy...

I could be wrong, so correct me if I am not getting this... but here is the summary...

We ingest gluten.

These lectins from gluten attach onto the cells of our villi...

The lectins trigger the latent virus inside the genone of the cell...

Depending on your virus, and the exact nature of the change the virus enacts on the cell, you may or may not have an immune response.

The immune response, if initiated, will destroy that cell... so essentially destroying each individual cell on the villi.

Here is a quote:

"In the study of immune-mediated diseases, what you find is that the cells become abnormal and the immune system is called in to either kill them or to simply clean up the debris. Many of the cells are dead before the immune system even arrives. The fact is that certain food lectins (http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html ) can kill cells or force them to change into something that the body doesn't like without the immune system ever becoming involved. The immune response is secondary. We're blaming the wrong guy when we point the finger at the immune system as the culprit. It's just doing it's job, which is "housecleaning" in many cases."

You can also read about the viral theory of celiac here:

http://dogtorj.t r i p o d . c o m /id35.html

I find this extremely interesting.

It could explain why eggs and dairy could be bad...since the lectins of gluten/soy/corn or whatever you are intolerant to can get in the milk...

Okay I'm going to bed. I'm sure I'll edit this soon with more insight. But for someone that has not read this stuff, its simply amazing.

I eat whatever I want. But I listen to my body. I just can't eat a lot of diary or grains. If I do eat them, I savor and chew them slowly and well... I don't like feeling sluggish and if I eat alot of those things I start feeling sluggish. I feel very cleaned out now. I like to eat lots of raw fruits and veggies. I think for me I just can't eat things that are inflammatory, and dairy and all grains are inflammatory to me. So looks like I'll be eating mainly fruits, veggies, wild or grass-fed meats, and figure out what other stuff I can eat thats not too inflammatory. I'll probably also drink wine or brandy and use other plants things that are anti-inflammatory. Yeah!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It is amazing to spend time on his website.

That man has thought and thought, researched and observed things in his pet patients and himself and other people, etc., and has a lot of stuff worthy of consideration. He's a very smart dude! Nice guy too!

Yes, his website is extremely interesting. A couple of years ago I spent days in there, reading and reading. I believe he is a member here, too, and has posted a few times.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------