Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimmyJ

gluten-free Baby Finger Foods?

Hello!

I was dx with Celiac just over 6 months ago now, and I'm very hesitant to give my DD anything with gluten in it. For one thing, it's stressful to have it around the house, and babies aren't exactly tidy - I just know it would be in my mouth and I'll be sick all over again! Anyhow, there are all these companies that make little foods for babies - the puffs from Gerber are the ones that come to mind, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes products like this that are gluten-free? If not, any suggestions for fun finger foods to start my baby on?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There are some freeze dried fruit bits from Gerber I think that come in packs of strawberries and bannanas and one other combo. They melt in your mouth and are pretty tasty. I've gotten them for myself for snacks. Please double check to see if they are gluten-free, but I'm pretty sure they are. It's been a while since I purchased them.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Pirate Booty, Fruity Booty & Veggie Booty by Robert's American Gourmet Snacks are great food for babies. They are healthy & dissolve in your mouth, making choking impossible. I can't promise they won't be messy, but at least it won't be a gluten mess.

Jane

Son (10) diagnosed 10/07 via bloodwork and biopsy

Elimination diet resulted in avoiding dairy, soy & corn for a time

Feeling much better

Enterolab results indicate gluten sensitivity for daughter (14) and myself

Dora the Explorer cereal is gluten free and look almost like those puff thingy-it's star shaped and very popular at my house. Frozen veggies-mine loved little cubes of frozen veggies and peas, plus they are too small to be chokable. Really any small slcied fruits and veggies were popular here, though not so quick and portable as crunchy cereal.

Patty

Rice crunch-ems, and now rice chex (check the box, they are in transition). I fed my kids rice cakes a lot when they were very young. There were babies for many, many years before anyone thought to market finger-food esp for babies. Honestly, i even let them have things like french fries and cheese curls fairly young . . . the folks that make pirate booty make tings, a cheese-free cheese curl i was addicted to before i found out about the rest of my intolerances ...

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25