Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your like MacDonald's chicken nugget recipe was a HUGE success!!!! They were so easy to make! Thank you Thank you!!!!!! My children LOVED them!!!

<i>"Take ground chicken (YES GROUND chicken) and roll it into little balls. Then roll those balls in egg, and then in crushed Lay's potato chips (or something similar...I crushed mine in the food processor so it was not so chunky) then put the balls on a baking sheet, press down a little for that "McNugget Shape" and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Walla. McNuggets."</i>

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It was entirely my pleasure to pass this along. It's Melonie from Sillyyaks that rocks, really, as she gave it to our board. It's funny I read this today, bc I've set aside my evening to make a ton of these to be frozen. Melonie says they freeze great, and reheat wonderfully either in the microwave for about 30 seconds or in the regular oven.

Bridget

I love it! Anything that I can make ahead of time, freeze, microwave, and serve for an easy lunch...I am all over it! Can't wait to try them!

I made these last week. The FIRST time I made them, my daughter would not even touch them, but the SECOND time, after much coaxing, she ate them and loved them! Just goes to show you, sometimes it takes more than one exposure to a new food to know whether it will be a success! By the way, my husband, who does not have celiac disease, thought they were great. I will definitely make these again. Thanks!

I was thinking of these a couple days ago. So, you smush the chips...all the way into almost a powder or just into small pieces? Also, do you just dip the meat in the crushed chips or dip it in egg, then in the chips?

I give the chips a whirl in the food processor just until there are not big "shards" of chip...but putting them in a bag and using a rolling pin would work too. And then I just dip the meatball in egg, then roll it round in the chip crumbs, then on to the baking sheet they go!

Enjoy! Bridget