Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):


Join eNewsletter


Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):



Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommended Posts

Could it be said that since Celiac causes your immune sytem to go crazy and when you go gluten-free that your immune system takes time to settle, during this time my immune system is basically like a gang looking for trouble and that during recovery I might become allergic to a variety of things? I already have a mold situation however I have noticed that even being outdoors I get hit. A very weird feeling. Not as bad as with mold but uncomfortable either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):


Actually, in spring there is a lot of mold in the air, due to moisture, rotting leaves, damp earth etc. Plus pollen, of course. I usually don't feel well in spring due to allergies. And even worse when it gets hot if it is humid, because there is mold in humid air, too.


I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mold situation sounds pretty bad from what I read on your previous thread.

When you start reacting to a variety of things it usually means that your toxic burden is high. One way to explain it would be to picture yourself having a bucket inside of you...every toxin you encounter goes into the bucket...the bucket never gets full as long as your system isnt overwhelmed and as long as everything continues to function as it should. There is constant drainage....toxins come in and toxins go out.

When the exposure is significant...as it would be with toxic mold in the home...the bucket starts to overflow. At this point toxins are coming in but they arent leaving quite as efficiently. Because the bucket is overflowing these toxins remain in the body for a longer period of time and the immune system becomes overwhelmed. This triggers reactions.

The longer the situation goes on the worse it can get because the immune system is constantly dealing with all of these toxins. It might start out with the mold but once the bucket is full and you've reached your threshold anything your body encounters can become a problem.

Not trying to scare you but chronic mold exposure can be very devastating to the immune system. I would highly recommend getting yourself out of that situation.


Rachel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites