Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the Swede Life

Ouch...foot/calf Cramps.

Last night I ate Chinese food (i'm supposed to be eating gluten)... So I ordered fried wheat noodles and chicken w/broccoli in teriyaki-type sauce, oh yeah, and an order of scallion pancakes. This morning I experienced the worst calf and foot pains while coming down the stairs that I literally shouted out loud. I'm wondering whether this was caused by the immense amount of gluten consumed (everything I ate had gluten in it) or was I just dehydrated because there was so much salt (among other things!) in that food.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Last night I ate Chinese food (i'm supposed to be eating gluten)... So I ordered fried wheat noodles and chicken w/broccoli in teriyaki-type sauce, oh yeah, and an order of scallion pancakes. This morning I experienced the worst calf and foot pains while coming down the stairs that I literally shouted out loud. I'm wondering whether this was caused by the immense amount of gluten consumed (everything I ate had gluten in it) or was I just dehydrated because there was so much salt (among other things!) in that food.

For what it's worth, when I get those it usually means I need to drink more water. My guess is what happened to you may be the result of the high sodium content of what you ate. Be glad you could shout - sometimes mine hurt so bad I can't make any noise at all, which is probably a good thing as when it happens it is usually at night. :blink:

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

I used to get terrible cramps in my feet,...and legs and hands. I would wake in the night almost screaming, my toes would be crossed over and stuck. They would subside after a while of massaging until I could stand, and then walk it off. Sometimes my knees would lock up (really scary when driving; I used to have standard shift). Other muscle things going on. I started taking B suppliments quite a few years ago, and didn't have a major problem anymore. It may be that you are not getting/absorbing enough B's, or potassium. Only a guess for you, but it sure helped me!

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE

Theresa