This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Going To A Different Doctor This Week

blondebombshell

blondebombshell Collaborator

so i went to the doctor months ago. had an endoscopy and it came back negative for celiac.

bloating, constipation, etc. the whole nine yards and i also get hives when i ingest gluten. no doc is able to get me answers.

i am going to see a different doc within the same practice, as per my allergist.

when i get there, and re-tell him everything.

- chronic constipation

- bloating

- bloating after eating bagels, bread products, etc.

- had some bloodwork done by regular doc. said i had an egg allergy and wheat allergy

- since cutting gluten/wheat out of my diet, bloating has gone down

- when i ingest gluten, i get itchy hives all over my legs

do i just re-tell the other doc all of this? think he will do anything else

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ursa Major Collaborator

What do you expect the doctor to do? You know gluten is a problem, and you have been gluten-free for quite a while. Do you need a doctor to tell you what you already know? If he says you are wrong and you should start eating wheat again, will you do it?

If you are determined to stay on the gluten-free diet, then it shouldn't matter what any doctor says.

i dont know why i am always constipated and only go to the bathroom 1x a week

Joni63 Collaborator
so i went to the doctor months ago. had an endoscopy and it came back negative for celiac.

bloating, constipation, etc. the whole nine yards and i also get hives when i ingest gluten. no doc is able to get me answers.

i am going to see a different doc within the same practice, as per my allergist.

- chronic constipation

- bloating

- had some bloodwork done by regular doc. said i had an egg allergy and wheat allergy

Hi blondebombshell,

I'm not sure I understand your situation completely.

Have you been faithfully gluten free since August or have you been testing gluten sometimes?

It seems your symptoms are less when you don't injest egg/gluten so you have figured out some of the causes.

Also, you went gluten free for 4 months then had an endoscope (if I'm reading your signature right) so it's quite possible that you healed enough to cause the endoscope to be clear.

Many other foods can cause bloating and constipation. Have you tried eliminating dairy, soy, corn, nightshades or any of the typical culprits? Maybe that would help you discover what else could be bothering you?

Candida and parasites could also be other possibilities. You might want to try and anti-candida diet for a while and see if that makes a difference.

i was off gluten for about 4 months. had it for a few weeks prior to the endoscopy but that was it.

i have to admit. my whole life i had issues going to the bathroom. w/o laxatives i only went 1x a week, sometimes 1x every week and a half.

doc said that some people just have bathroom issues. thats it.

i felt that i need a better answer.

so you think it could be something else? parasite or candidia causes chronic constipation?

LuvMoosic4life Collaborator

- chronic constipation

- bloating

I'm not really in the same situation as you, but I can understand why you want answers from a doctor. In my situation I havent seen a doctor, but i narrowed my problem down to being gluten, dairy and eggs. My whole family thinks this whole thing is just in my head. At one point they actually got me thinking that also, so I went off the gluten free diet and I started feeling horrible: tendon pains, bloating, gas,headace constipation ect...ect....

I am having a problem even finding a doctor to see, the closest appointment I can get is in 3 months from now. I really dont even want to go to the doctor, although I would like to find out if I have the gene for celiacs and get tested, but my main purpose is so that I can have somthing in writing to show my family so they dont think I'm on some diet where I dont want to eat thier food. It seems that people dont believe us about health problems unless it is confirmed by a doctor. I think its rediculous b/c nobody knows our bodies better than ourselves, but yet when I tell peopl I have a gluten intolerance, they tend to laugh at me and I feel that having some proof from a doctor would make them understaand where I am coming from and maybe actually believe me!

Joni63 Collaborator
i was off gluten for about 4 months. had it for a few weeks prior to the endoscopy but that was it.

i have to admit. my whole life i had issues going to the bathroom. w/o laxatives i only went 1x a week, sometimes 1x every week and a half.

doc said that some people just have bathroom issues. thats it.

i felt that i need a better answer.

so you think it could be something else? parasite or candidia causes chronic constipation?

I've always had constipation too. I find now on the gluten-free diet if I eat too many carbs/proteins and not enough veggies and fruits, it shows up quickly as constipation.

I don't believe some people just have bathroom issues unless there is a problem. Something must not be right! Do you eat lots of fruits/veggies and drink lots of water?

I don't know if parasites/candida can cause the chronic contipation - I was only suggesting that as maybe a possibility for bloating. But if you are constipated, you will also have bloating.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

no water.

i have a cup of coffee in the am, and maybe a bottle or two throughout the day and a glass of wine with dinner.

thats it, lol.

as for fruits and veggies, yes - i eat a ton of them.

Archived