Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey everyone! I tried a new "health food bar" called a Larabar because I was out of town and needed good energy before an audition (I'm a ballet dancer). I went to the Central Market ( like Whole Foods) and was looking for something gluten free and the Larabar is gluten free (marked on the package). They come in Apple Pie, Cashew Cookie, Banana Cookie, Chocolate Coconut, and Cherry Pie. I've tried all but the Chocolate Coconut ( I dont like Coconut). They are very very delicious!! They're all natural and have 2-7 ingredients!! they have a website if you're interested in looking at them! Larabar Website I highly suggest them if you need a good energy snack or have trouble finding something good to eat on trips, theyre a good back up! Enjoy! :D

No added sugars or sweeteners

Non-GMO

Non-irradiated

No sulfites

No preservatives

No fillers

No colorings

Gluten-free

Dairy-free

Soy-free

Vegan

Kosher

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

They aren't produced in a dedicated facility, unfortunately. I think I reacted to one of them once, and I'm too chicken to try again, but others have enjoyed them without a reaction.

Guest gfinnebraska

Thank you!! They look & sound great! I went to the web site and they are easy to order on-line ~ bonus!!! I am always looking for snacks to take while on the road, etc. :D

Given that I'm sure they don't test _every_ bar (just batches), it could have been a fluke contamination or it could have been with oats or barley (which a gliandin test wouldn't have picked up). Like I said, many people haven't had a problem. Maybe I'll be brave enough to try them again. Perhaps they weren't testing when I had mine (it was at least a year ago).

Hi All,

I just tried Larabars recently and I'm hooked! They are delicious and great as "road food" on a bicyle. I'm convinced that they are safe, but we all have to make our own decisions. I'm really glad that these exisit--delicious and gluten-free!

Try the "Cherry-Pie" flavor :P

Best Wishes All!