Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ive been experiencing a lot of lower right abdomen pain recently, it started out as about once a month, around the same time of the month but recently its got worse and its becoming more frequent and unpredictable. My mother thinks it may be grumbling apendix (she had her appendix removed at 14 - a year younger than i am now- and my sister had grumbiling apendix when she was my age) but i was wondering if it was something to do with my coeliac. Maybe ive been doing something wrong? What do you all think?

thanks in advance.

"great works are performed not by strength but by perseverence"

Diagnosed coeliac - aged 14

Asthma

Osteopinia

High blood calcium

Crohn's disease -december 2012 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What is grumbling appendix? I've never heard of that.

But yes, it may be your appendix. You may want to see your doctor to have it checked out.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

grumbling appendix is another name for 'chronic appendicitus', its not as dangerous as acute appendicitus but it is still painful and can make simple tasks painful eg running, lifting. The problem is doctors are reluctant to operate meaning all patients can do is hope that it goes away. It increases the danger of your appendix bursting so it would probably be better if doctors treated grumbling appendix with surgury as a precautionary meassure.

We have made a doctors appointment but we have to wait until May even though your supposed to be seen within 48 hours.

Asthma

Osteopinia

High blood calcium

That is crazy! If somebody has chronic appendicitis, the appendix should be removed. A ruptured appendix is life-threatening and no doctor should make you take that risk.

I am glad you have a doctor's appointment. Hopefully the doctor will figure out what is wrong.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we now have a new doctor (as of about an hour ago) and they already seem better than the last ones, we havent even given them the registration forms but they have already given me an appointment- for Friday

Asthma

Osteopinia

High blood calcium