Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest talsop

Is This Normal

Guest talsop

Hi everyone,

I should have know better but temptation :( got the best of me, I ate a POPTART. I know that was stupid :blink: but I thought one time wouldn't make a difference. SO WRONG. Anyway after I ate those pop tarts I had what I call an anixety attack. I also got sick to my stomach. Could this be related to being glutened. The anixety attack I mean. Trust me I will never eat another poptart again.

Has anyone ever experienced similar reactions after eating gluten?

Thanks for listening.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

:o terri, terri, terri----i guess you learned an important lesson huh ;) i think we all do that--i can honestly say i have never glutened myself on purpose--i was so sick before gluten free that i was never tempted to cheat---------and yes--the panic attack is normal, at least for some of us celiacs--some of us are more prone to panic and anytime i get glutened, i panic--rather, anytime my tummy is upset, panic sets in---last week i had the flu--here on long island influenza is widespread right now and ;) you guessed it--i had to go along with the crowd--my tummy got fussy and i panicked--2x's--i dont panic often anymore---many of my friends in the forum are telling me that i am under stress even though i am very happy, my body is stressed right now and that accounts for the panic--could be--i just moved 800 miles from my family and friends, have a new home, a new job, i love i might add and they say my body is stressing, which is normal and will go away :rolleyes: i hope so, cause i am staying--this old body better straighten up and fly right :lol: deb

I'm similar to Deb, I've only been gluten-free for a few months but I would never gluten myself intentionally because I get far too sick... my mom has gluten issues and well... she does occasionally eat gluten things... she doesn't get too sick so she "thinks" its ok.. I know, I know...

Anyways, I don't panic or feel anxious because I'm not a panic-er by nature but boy do I get sick and its right away (within like 20 minutes). When I do get glutened accidently and start to feel that sick feeling.. I'm more resigned and just get into the here we go again mode... I'm sick for days.

But with reactions such as yours... I'd try to skip the gluten altogether.. I know its harder for some then others but what I've discovered these past 3 months of being gluten-free is that I actually like cooking! Not for crowds but I'm really getting into make new dishes and working with new flavors.

Susan