Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mouth

A Vent On Accidental Cc And A Question

HEY ALL OMGs think we have been cross contiminating my gluten-free daughter!! Kraft Mac & Cheese is NOT gluten-free, BUT the cheese mix is.. What did we do wrong?? OMGS.. Take the Cheese mix out of the box, and FORGOT to wash hands-- why touched Glutened package and then TOUCHED gluten-free PASTA!!

HOW IS THAT FOR DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK for question now--- what company dish washer soap is gluten-free please??? That is another thing I never thought of.. Please help!!!!!

Also, do we have any Celiacs in Alabama?? I am moving (Praying:) the first week of July..... In the Decataur Area...

Thanks much all!

Talk soonest!

LYNN AKA MOUTH :D

Eat Well To Stay Well

Daughter Dx'd Celiac Jan 2007

Dx'd Aspergers June 2009

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We're using Cascade Complete in our dishwasher. I honestly don't know if it is gluten-free. Does anyone else know? I might have called about it years ago, when we first started the diet, but I can't remember. I would like to hear an update.

Our regular dish soap is Dawn, and I called less than six months ago to get confirmation on that one.

i am in west tennessee, 1 hour from florence alabama.

decatur isnt much further.

dd age 12 -- diagnosed celiac via 2 positive bloodtests april 08 & biopsy june 08

ds age 5 -- bloodwork negative aug 2008

ds age 3 -- not tested yet

ds infant -- not tested yet

i am in west tennessee, 1 hour from florence alabama.

decatur isnt much further.

not going to alabama now.. friend talked me from coming. so not going there. may possibly be either tampa or lousiana..

thanks for help though

lynn

Eat Well To Stay Well

Dx'd Aspergers June 2009

Mac and Cheese -- cheese packet......

Kraft makes a small 3oz container (like the parmesan cheese container) called Macaroni & Cheese, Cheese Topping. I found it down the aisle with the parmesan cheese items. It is the same orange powder that is in the Mac and Cheese Box. I got mine at WalMart it was about $1.50 ish.

I've used it on top of popcorn and with gluten free noodles to make mac and cheese. I add in a little shredded cheese b/c the powder doesn't seem to want to stick to the noodles all the time.

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

Mac and Cheese -- cheese packet......

Kraft makes a small 3oz container (like the parmesan cheese container) called Macaroni & Cheese, Cheese Topping. I found it down the aisle with the parmesan cheese items. It is the same orange powder that is in the Mac and Cheese Box. I got mine at WalMart it was about $1.50 ish.

I've used it on top of popcorn and with gluten free noodles to make mac and cheese. I add in a little shredded cheese b/c the powder doesn't seem to want to stick to the noodles all the time.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Eat Well To Stay Well

Dx'd Aspergers June 2009

Hi Lynn, just a little tip on changing size, colour etc. here. In this forum you can't just click on those things and then write, because your text should be in between those brackets, not after them.

Here you have to highlight your text AFTER you type it, and then click on those special features and apply them. Or you click on it, and then insert your text in the right spot, in between the opining and closing brackets.

So, the above should have looked like this (purposely using the wrong brackets, making sure it won't work, so you can see what I mean):

(size="4")(color="#0000FF")THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!(/color)(/size)

Here it is done with the right (square) brackets: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can buy the Cheese seperate from the mac n' cheese noodles? Hurray!!! It is such a pain to buy a box of macaroni and throw away the noodles just to get the packet (which tastes better than any other kind of powdered cheese!) Thank you!

Hi Lynn, just a little tip on changing size, colour etc. here. In this forum you can't just click on those things and then write, because your text should be in between those brackets, not after them.

Here you have to highlight your text AFTER you type it, and then click on those special features and apply them. Or you click on it, and then insert your text in the right spot, in between the opining and closing brackets.

So, the above should have looked like this (purposely using the wrong brackets, making sure it won't work, so you can see what I mean):

(size="4")(color="#0000FF")THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!(/color)(/size)

Here it is done with the right (square) brackets: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Eat Well To Stay Well

Dx'd Aspergers June 2009

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Ok this is what i do, because i found the same thing, I rinse the pasta and leave it on the side, and mix the mix as if it were the regular kind and then add the pasta last

here i am a cooking dummy put the alloted amount of butter in the pot, add the milk, add the cheese mix and cook an approx low to med heat till all is mixed well, then i put the pasta back in to heat it back up.. what doesnt stick is like a sauce.. mmmmmmm cheese sauce. she loves it.. and so do i....

Eat Well To Stay Well

Dx'd Aspergers June 2009