Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Rate this topic

I read some posts on here that people were having reactions to vitamin E?

Why? I did some googling but couldn't find anything.

I just purchased a vitamin E oil thats amazing.

It has safflower oil, grapeseed oil, and vitamin E.

I havent had any negative reactions to it, in fact its really been helping with the fine

lines under my eyes.

Should I not be using it?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A lot of vitamin E is derived from wheat germ oil. Many brands are derived from soy. You might want to find out where the vitamin E in your brand is coming from.

If it isn't wheat germ oil, then you are okay. If soy, it depends if you are intolerant to soy.

A few people here couldn't get really well, and eventually found out that their vitamins had vitamin E from wheat germ oil. When they switched brands, or stopped taking the vitamins, they got better.

But not everybody will react to it, only people who are the most sensitive to gluten.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm. It doesn't say if its derived from soy or wheat. Its a product from the dollar store,

I don't even know if the company is in existence anymore as I googled the name and nothing came up but some other unrelated company. I guess I'll continue to use it and see what happens.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Connie Brown said:

I just purchased vitamin e oil to rub on my hand (after carpal tunnel surgery) per my surgeon's instructions. The ingredients contain wheat germ. I have Celiac Disease. is this safe to use on my hand?

I would avoid it.  I am careful about anything that goes on my hands, lips and face that could be accidentally ingested.    Setting off a celiac flare up would probably impact healing from surgery.  Ask your doctor for a substitute.  From my quick research vitamin e does not prevent scarring.  

https://www.verywellhealth.com/remedy-for-scars-and-scar-removal-89918

https://www.healthline.com/health/vitamin-e-oil-scars

I hope you recover fast!  

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test (DGP IgA only) and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Repeat endoscopy/Biopsies: Healed