Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAPPY DOG SUZ

Bob's Soy Flour Not Gf!

:huh: Aloha,

I bought some Bob's red mill flour today -Soy Flour.

I made some really good bread w/it but I just looked on his site and it doesn't list the soy flour under the gluten free list! I hope I didn't just poison myself!!!!

It said SOY BEANS under the ingredients so if anyone knows please tell me!!

Thanks, ><>Suzanne<>< :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest jhmom

That's a very good question. I just looked on my package and the ingredients just says "soy" but no where on the package does it say gluten free as the rice flour does.

Bob's Red Mill It's not on the list ;) I sent them an email, I will let you know what their response is.

Bob's Red Mill has multiple processing areas. The only products they specifically label as gluten-free are those handled in the gluten free area of their facility and tested for gluten. I had this discussion with them a few months ago. You probably haven't poisoned yourself, but as I understand it BRM won't "guarantee" gluten-free for this product.

:blink: Aloha,

The people from Bob's red mill just emailed me and told me that the soy flour I asked them about is not gluten free :unsure::blink: They said that it is ground w/all the non gluten-free flours and can have cross contamination :(:( So I think any of thier products that don't have the gluten-free sticker on them can be tainted!><>SUZANNE<><