Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Leidenschaft

Pita Pockets

Guest Leidenschaft

Could somebody please tell me if and where I can get Pita Pockets? Oh I do miss my cold or hot chicken and garden salad sandwiches! :unsure:

Canadian source would be great, however I would go to the moon for a good Pita! :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest Leidenschaft

Not sure why, but this disappeared from the page?? I had to do a search to find it. Can someone tell my why?

New to the board! :blink:

Thanks!

Yes--it disappeared because it wasn't pinned. That means that a moderator hadn't seen it yet, verified that it was a valid post, and thus, moved it to the front of the forum. I have just pinned it, so it's now at the front of the foods, products, shopping, and medications section.

Guest Leidenschaft

Thanks! I'm on a number of different doggy boards and they do all have their own ways, just haven't seen this one yet! :)

Now, on with the search for Pita Pockets!! :rolleyes:

Guest Leidenschaft

K, I'm begging now....:wacko: does ANYONE know where to find Pita Pockets???

Guest Leidenschaft

Now you see my dilemma.... :blink: We used to broil or BBQ chicken breast, slice it still warm, then top with garden salad and a ranch dressing... it was also awesome with leftover taco beef!! Oh, my kingdom for a Pita Pocket... :rolleyes:

I haven't found any pita pockets (used to live on them) but I did invest

in an electric tortilla maker - Villaware (I'm allergic to yeast too, so no bread). Since I have a ton of other food allergies I'm limited in the flour area. So, a mixture of tapioca, quinoa, and potato flours with flax meal instead of shortening has turned out pretty good. Rice flour tends to get rubbery. It's not as convenient

as the pocket but works for me and it's pretty easy to do.

:P

FOUND IT!!! i needed a easy gluten-free bread to take for lunch and i found a recipe...sorry its not already made. the site is:

http://www.food.com/recipe/gluten-free-pita-bread-384139

the recipe is:

Ingredients:Serves: 6-8

1 1/3 cups cornstarch

1 cup tapioca starch or 1 cup tapioca flour

2/3 cup garbanzo flour or 2/3 cup garfava flour

1/3 cup sorghum flour

2 tablespoons sugar

1 tablespoon xanthan gum

2 1/4 teaspoons quick-rising yeast

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/4 cups warm water

Directions:

1 Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and set aside.

2 Pour warm water into automatic bread maker pan and add dry ingredients; set machine to dough setting and turn on. Use spatula as necessary to scrape sides and incorporate evenly - dough will be soft and sticky.

3 Knead for only 5 minutes; remove from pan and divide into six to eight balls of dough; cover.

4 Using a rolling pin and board heavily covered with corn starch, very lightly stretch one dough ball into a circle about 6" in diameter and 1/4" thick. The dough will be sticky, but light hands and a generous dusting of corn starch will yield chewy and crusty (not tough) pitas.

5 Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet sprinkled with corn meal or gluten-free flour. Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper to keep pitas from drying out.

6 Repeat rolling of each ball of dough; allow to rise in a warm place for about 30-40 minutes.

7 Preheat oven to 450

I recently ordered some pita pockets from glutenfreepalace.com. I ordered the pita pockets which were heaven mill brand. They are very good, but I am having trouble getting them open... I have never used these before and I am not sure I am doing it correctly. I also ordered the schars rolls and bread... these are very good products, the best I have found in gluten free. I hope you order some and enjoy them. Oh, freeze the pita pockets as soon as you get them. They will mold quickly if you dont.

I recently ordered some pita pockets from glutenfreepalace.com. I ordered the pita pockets which were heaven mill brand. They are very good, but I am having trouble getting them open... I have never used these before and I am not sure I am doing it correctly. I also ordered the schars rolls and bread... these are very good products, the best I have found in gluten free. I hope you order some and enjoy them. Oh, freeze the pita pockets as soon as you get them. They will mold quickly if you dont.

The post you are responding to is 7 years old.

Thats alright. I didnt know about these and im glad he posted even if it is 7 years old.

Some people get mad when they don't get a response from the OP. Then they PM me and tell me how rude everyone is for not thanking them or answering them. :D