Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbtoyssni

Parents Visiting

My parents are coming to visit next weekend for my graduation. My mum and I are both gluten-free, plus I'm peanut free and mostly meat-free. I usually cook fancier meals when they come, think main meal plus salad and a vegetable or two. But my mum has recently gone casein free, and I'm having trouble thinking of nicer gluten-free, CF, meat free recipes. I probably rely on dairy a little too much for my protein :) Seriously, all my nicer recipes contain cheese! Any suggestions? I'm not completely opposed to meat, but I'd certainly prefer not to have it. We're also English so we do tea time every day, and I don't know what kind of sweet thing I can do. I used to bake gluten-free cakes, but they've all got dairy in them... Plus we're going to a state park one day and will probably take a picnic lunch which is also baffling me. I used to take gluten-free cold pizza, but that's out now, too. Now I know that gluten-free, CF, MF can't be too hard, especially for just a few days, but I need some help with the CF food creativity!

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

One of our simplest and favorite vegetarian dishes is grilled or pan fried (no breading) eggplant with fire roasted tomatoes. We do a similar thing with polenta too. I'll admit that we usually top it with a bit of parmesan, but I've done without when I didn't have any and it was still very good.

As for sweets, the Whole Foods 365 gluten-free line of cakes and muffins and stuff have milk free directions on the the back. I've never tried the milk free versions, but we really like the chocolate cake and the muffin mixes.

HTH

Blessings,

Amy, mama to 3 awesome boys!

almost all of my recipe thread is Gluten-free Casein-free and there are a bunch of veggie recipes as well.

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

almost all of my recipe thread is Gluten-free Casein-free and there are a bunch of veggie recipes as well.

Great thread! I tried doing a search on gluten-free, gluten-free meals, but that thread never came up.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

I am vegetarian, gluten free and mostly lactose free (I stick to hard cheeses that contain very little lactose).

I eat a lot of mexican food, bean tacos, bean buritos with corn tortillas, or egg based meals like vegetarian frittatas, omelets. Also asian food is good for this, vegetarian stir fries seasoned with sesame oil, arlic onion and ginger.

There are heaps of gluten free, casein free meals if you look a little further afield.

Good Luck

Australian

Gluten Free Since mid March 2008

As well as gluten I can't eat: cantaloupe, honeydew, dairy and most nuts and seeds. I also seem to have a problem with a lot of fruits and vegetables but only when they are raw.