Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KristaleeJane

Are These Ingredients Safe? Acne?

Hello

I have been gluten free since Mar 14-08, but I am sure I have been having some accidents since getting used to the new diet. I have always had acne but found in the last month my face has gotten extremely bad. I decided to do some investigation into the skincare and makeup I am using. I got this ingredient list from Maybelline but I find it so hard to know if any of these ingredients could be possibly making my face break out if they contain gluten. Does anyone have any feedback on these ingredients or possibly what could be going on with my face, I found that it got particularly bad since I have went gluten free, which is strange I thought it would get better?

Thanks

Krista

1 MAYBELLINE-PURE STAY POWDER FOUNDATION

GAMME : 1730

INGREDIENTS :

TALC

ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE

TITANIUM DIOXIDE

SILICA

DIMETHICONE

SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE

ZINC OXIDE

CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE

ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE

GLYCERYL ETHYLHEXANOATE/STEARATE/ADIPATE

ALUMINA

DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER

BORON NITRIDE

C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES

METHICONE

PTFE

POLYETHYLENE

METHYLPARABEN

HYDROGENATED EGG OIL

DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE

CERIUM OXIDE

TOCOPHERYL ACETATE

LAUROYL LYSINE

C8-18 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATE

RETINYL PALMITATE

PROPYLPARABEN

HELIANTHUS ANNUUS

PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM

MICA

+/- MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR

CI 77891

CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491

CI 77007

F.I.L CODE : D177/20

Gluten Free since Apr 14-08

Mar 08.....Blood work-Positive for Celiac Results were High (92)

Apr 08....Biopsy Results indicating abnormalities associated with celiac disease & Villi atrophy.

May-08.... Appendicitis

July 08.....X-ray indicates Degenerative Disc Disease

Symptoms that the gluten free diet has helped: All Stomach Problems, Bloating, Vomiting, Heartburn & D, Energy, overall feeling of health again, Migraine, Degenerative disc Disease, and Infertility.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Krista-

When glutened, my face also erupts with acne. I have found that Neutrogena products work the best for those that suffer from celiac disease, and they also back them up with their gluten free list ( which they can email to you). Since you are new to the diet, make sure you read food labels very carefully, as gluten can be found in items you may have not suspected. Also, check your hair care products as some do contain gluten. This could also be triggering your reactions.

After I went gluten free, I started having issues with dairy, and I'm pretty sure it was also making my face break out more. Also, I have known for years that caffeine makes me break out. So it doesn't necessarily have to be what you're putting on your face. You could be exhibiting other food intolerances.

Lisa

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif