Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

48lowesracer

Pacific Vegetable Broth?

I have recently tried Pacific's Veggie Broth and noticed that I have been having reactions. I am unsure if it is from this product or Silk's Soy milk. Has anyone ever had any issues with this? The ingredients seem to be very safe, but I am extremely sensitive. Also, has anyone ever had any issues with Imagine soups? Any insight would be appreciated. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Below is the information for Pacific Foods website (www.pacificnaturalfoods.com)

Organic Vegetable Broth

Organic Vegetable Broth is made from simmering organic carrots, celery, tomatoes, onions,leeks and garlic with just the right amount of salt for a rich broth flavor.

Certified to the Source

Phyllis

Gluten Free - 30 years

I use Pacific's broths alot without problem. Haven't used the Veg. broth. No problem with the Imagine products. I did try using the Silk Soymilk and didn't feel well so have quit using it. Wasn't my usual gluten reaction so I'm wondering if soy or something else in it bothers me.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I use Pacific's broths alot without problem. Haven't used the Veg. broth. No problem with the Imagine products. I did try using the Silk Soymilk and didn't feel well so have quit using it. Wasn't my usual gluten reaction so I'm wondering if soy or something else in it bothers me.

I appreciate your responses! Yes, missy'smom, it seems to me that the Silk Soy milk is problematic for me as well. I am starting to believe that the carrageen has something to do with it. Although it is not gluten or a form of gluten, it is a stabilizer, which makes me think that I could be reacting to it.

I just did a little reading up on carageean and you may be right. That may explain why some soy milk seems not to bother me and others do. I used to get soymilk from a Vietnamese restaurant and it was so fresh and creamy and never seemed to bother me but many of the ones that are mass marketed give me something like headaches. I'm going to pay more attention to this. Thanks for bringing it up.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I just did a little reading up on carageean and you may be right. That may explain why some soy milk seems not to bother me and others do. I used to get soymilk from a Vietnamese restaurant and it was so fresh and creamy and never seemed to bother me but many of the ones that are mass marketed give me something like headaches. I'm going to pay more attention to this. Thanks for bringing it up.

I have looked at West Soy's Organic Soy Milk and the ingredients look safe- no carrageen. Thing is, I know they process other soy milks that do contain barley and malt, so I fear the CC factor. At this point, I don't know if its worth trying, but it could be an option :)