Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedora

My Blood Pressure Went Up!

I wasn't sure where to post this. For years my BP has been at 90/60. Before that it was about 104/70 ish. It got down to 88/58 less than 2 years ago. In March it was 90/62. Today it was 106/70. Wow.

It hasn't been this in 5 years. So that is good. I have symptoms from low blood pressure although not constantly. They have gotten less frequent. I remember reading on here that low blood pressure happens to Celiacs for some reason. Does anyone know why? I am very interested in why.

It seems weird to be happy about blood pressure going on. I was just so shocked

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I can't say that I know the answer to your question, but just wanted to send congratulations your way! I always love to hear stories of people starting to recover from various health problems. It makes me very happy and keeps me motivated to stay gluten-free. Thanks for sharing!!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

I experienced this also. I also don't know why. I had extremely low readings all my life and now they are in the normal range also. I don't know if it has anything to do with it but during an ultrasound on my heart a year or so ago they found evidence of past inflammation with thickening in the heart walls. Whether this healing was responsible for my now normal blood pressure I don't know for sure but I am real happy not to get dizzy standing up anymore, my world spins on it's own axis anyway (ataxia :angry: )so any less spinning is great to me.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

RWG,

spinning is so scary. I get so lightheaded when I stand up quickly, but have noticed how much less it is happening. I got a virus once and when I woke up that night, the room was spinning uncontrollable. If I laid perfectly still it would stop, but any movement made the room spin. Horrible. Luckily it passed by the next morning. But ever since I have been more sensitive to thinks that effect me that way, like flips in the water, rides, etc.

I am glad your heart is much better. Inflammation could be a possible cause. I know I have been inflamed all over. I have never had my heart checked out. I am young and had low blood pressure, so everyone thought I was perfect.

pork and beef free- 1994

I am so happy your blood pressure is in the normal range - I know you must feel a lot better!!!

I used to also have low blood pressure but not as low as yours !!! My docs could never figure it out but they were just happy it was not too high!!! Now at 61 mine will tend to go up - but I have not been exercising as faithfully as I shoud either... & yes, those dizzy spells were not fun - amazing how we adjust to something that is not right - like not standing up too quickly...

Congrats on the blood pressure going up!

I can truly relate to your experience. Before taking gluten out of my diet, my BP hovered around 90/54! Most nurses thought their equipment wasn't working right and would just keep taking it unitl they gave up. Now, I'm happy to report, that my BP hovers around 118/80. I don't have the dizzy spells anymore - thank goodness!

Not exactly sure why this happens. My only guess is that if nutrients aren't being absorbed properly due to a gluten issue, sodium might not be absorbing properly as well.

Chris

Hi all! Glad to know that I'm not alone with the blood pressure thing. All of my adult life mine has been around 90/60. Had all of the dizzy stuff and everything that went with it. While I was very sick my pressure dropped, the lowest I know about was 80/45. I was having lots of heart arrythmias, cold all of the time (felt like I was freezing no matter how warm it was), dizzy, ears ringing, you name it. No one seemed to know why.....but in my reading I found out that low folate, Iron, low B's in the blood can cause these symptoms. Now that I'm healing my last pressure reading was 107/65. I've never been that high in my life! Hopefully, as all of you become healthier, your body systems will all stabilize. Bet we all feel better than ever....better than we knew we ever could! :D

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD, THANK YOU FOR OUR GLUTEN-FREE FOOD!

MUSIC IS THE BREATH OF LIFE

Theresa

Thanks, I am glad ya'lls got better too. To continued healing....

I did some googling. I found an definate association between low blood pressure and celiac, but no explanations at all.

pork and beef free- 1994