Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dolcenotte

Trader Joe's Ground Beef And Chicken Breasts

I bought Trader Joe's brand All Natural Chicken (minimally processed, no artificial ingredients) fresh for the freezer boneless skinless chicken breasts with rib meat, contains up to 3% water. They are individually packaged for easy use. I did not notice them on the gluten-free list they have. On the list it says all unprocessed raw meat is gluten free. Anyone eat them?

Also, I bought their brand of organic ground beef which also did not appear on that list. Is ground beef normally safe?

Love Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Health Nuts!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I bought Trader Joe's brand All Natural Chicken (minimally processed, no artificial ingredients) fresh for the freezer boneless skinless chicken breasts with rib meat, contains up to 3% water. They are individually packaged for easy use. I did not notice them on the gluten-free list they have. On the list it says all unprocessed raw meat is gluten free. Anyone eat them?

Also, I bought their brand of organic ground beef which also did not appear on that list. Is ground beef normally safe?

Hi, I think the fresh breasts and beef are okay. I have had them before without any problems.

However, my husband, who usually knows better, just bought their frozen chicken breasts, with up to 10% broth added, and I don't think these are safe (they are not on the TJ PDF list). Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

~ ayannag, a newbie to the list (never officially diagnosed, but the migraines have mostly gone away since going gluten-free in 2006)

Any raw meat in the U.S. is by law required to list gluten if it's present. This is separate from the allergen law that just requires wheat. All you have to do is read the ingredients. If no gluten is listed, it's gluten-free.

richard