Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blessings

Prasie God For Snickers

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My DD felt the same way about the snickers. In fact she wrote her college entrance exam about the way she enjoyed snickers bars. She ate them with a knive and fork and made quite a procedure out of it. It was a wonderful essay dealing with how deprived she felt about celiac and the simple joy that having a snickers gave her. Not only did she get into her first choice college but they were great on the celiac issue and she went into senior housing to accomodate her kitchen needs.

Thanks for the memory jog. :)

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

lol i feel the same way! cute about your daughter ravenwoodglass :)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

This is good to know, I am tired of walking up to the register and looking away from the candy staring me in the face! LOL Maybe I should look at it like its a good thing, less snacking. NAW I want a candy bar I don't have to go to a different store so I can find something safe, just something normal sometimes is nice.

~Barb

Gluten Free October 18, 2007

YIPPEE for Gluten free