Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MPARANA

Nana's Cookies Problem

I tried going gluten free once before and ran in to problems plus my biopsy came back negative so I thought I did not have a problem. I now see that that doesn't always mean that you aren't gluten intolerant. I have once again gone gluten free (2 weeks in) and I am so so constipated. I remembered back to the last try at this and Nana's gluten free cookies caused extreme gas and bloating and constipation. This time I do not have the gass pains but I am wondering if this horrible constipation is not from the cookies. Has anyone else had problems with these?

Thanks a million

Melanie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Are you sure that you're getting the No Gluten Nana's Cookies? there are some normal ones, some No Wheat and No Gluten............just because it says No Wheat doesn't mean that there isn't gluten in it and sometimes this easily missed? I eat the No Gluten ones with no problems, but everyone is different

I did seem to be constipated at first when i quit gluten - i think it was just because my body had adjusted to what gluten did to me and tried to make my stools harder, if that makes sense. It seemed to wear off.

I also had a very bad reation to tapioca, which is in almost every gluten-free product. You could also have other food issues - like chocolate. I turned out to have a TON of food allergies, I never would have figured it out becasue i was allergic to everything i ate, almost. So just because you are having other issues, doesnt mean you arent celiac.

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25

You know, I bought one of those Nana's No Gluten cookies the other day, all excited, then cursed like a sailor when I read the "manufactured in a facility that also processes wheat" disclaimer. I didn't eat it, so I can't say for sure one way or the other, but cross-contamination might be a possibility.