Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lpellegr

Ice Cream Truck Is Coming!

As the weather gets warmer and my thoughts turn to the delights of summer, I wish I knew what I could eat from the ice cream truck when it comes through my neighborhood blaring its annoying yet alluring music. I will always miss ice cream sandwiches with soggy chocolate cookie outsides (the cheaper the better) and Nutty Buddy cones, but how about a chocolate covered Dove ice cream bar? An Eskimo pie? Spongebob on a stick? Anybody have suggestions for what's safe? Or should I just stock my freezer with Philly Swirl to calm my cravings?

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Anything by Mars Foods (Dove) or Nestle will disclose any gluten in their ingredients, so all you have to do is read the labels to determine if it is gluiten free. :)

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Thanks, but I was hoping for something I could know was safe so I didn't have to stand there reading a label while the ice cream man waits to see if I'm going to buy it before it melts :huh: . I guess nobody here buys from the ice cream truck.

Lee

I never liked bread anyway.....

I eat Dove bars and Eskimo bars at home, from the store. There are also some Hershey's bars that you can read the ingredients in the store and then be mostly confident when you buy the same thing from the truck (just check the label quickly before eating).

Once you know particular bars are safe from the truck that comes through your neighborhood you can then easily order them the next time.

Maybe just once you could tell the driver you need to look at the ingredients first and he'll give you a flyer/book/pamphlet that they probably all carry. Then you can evalutate their stuff just once and not have to do it again until the next year (when they may change suppliers).

They are very used to this drill because their are plently of parents out there with kids allergic to peanuts and other stuff. So don't be embarrassed. I've finally stopped being embarrassed.

Franceen

Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success

Gluten-free since Dec 2005

Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months

No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!