Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nan2N

Another Candida Question

I think I need to start the candida diet but I'm afraid to because I need to put on weight and it sounds like that would be pretty tough on the diet. Any suggestions? I really think I need to do it because last year I had so much trouble with yeast but didn't know what it could do to a person. I did the spit test and it showed I have it. I see a ND this week and can talk to him about what's best to take. But I need help with the food. My dietician won't like it!!!

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think I need to start the candida diet but I'm afraid to because I need to put on weight and it sounds like that would be pretty tough on the diet. Any suggestions? I really think I need to do it because last year I had so much trouble with yeast but didn't know what it could do to a person. I did the spit test and it showed I have it. I see a ND this week and can talk to him about what's best to take. But I need help with the food. My dietician won't like it!!!

Thanks!

well I am not sure but I THINK that this parasite can also cause you weight issues (either lose or gain weight) so that may be the reason why you are too skinny (me too....I am really eating extremely big amounts of food but nothing changes) I also had that test and it was positive so I am going to have more tests (blood, stool) to confirm it. Maybe you can talk to your doc about that....

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

I have trouble keeping on weight when I follow a candida diet religiously. I have a few tips, and please, other folks correct me if they are no-no-s for candida!

1. amaranth. this is a great "grain" (actually a seed or veggie) that you make into hot cereal. It has over 700 calories per cup. I need these calories. They have stabilized me weight loss (I don't eat grains).

2. avocado

3. nut milks are supposedly a no-no since they are acid forming - if you decide to do a bit of nut milk, choose almond since it is more alkaline than other nuts

4. do you eat deceased animals? if so, that should help.

5. did I mention avocados?

6. quinoa is probably alright for a candida diet, in moderation. It is probably acid forming, so thusly avoided on some candida diets. But it has good nutrition, and helps fight the cravings for starchy stuff.

7. blended salads (especially with avocado). You get more salad per the meal. Using romain is good-mineralizing.

This really is a tough one, isn't it? Is it possible your weight will balance itself out once you've overcome the candida and start absorbing foods better?

This really is a tough one, isn't it? Is it possible your weight will balance itself out once you've overcome the candida and start absorbing foods better?

I think that is what happens actually....

I'll try to follow that diet of yours....thank you

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008