Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bakingbarb

I'm Bored!

I just started a new job (super happy dance) and its great but not super busy and its part time, it isn't going to be a strain in any manner. The job is perfect really because the people are so nice but its a small co so not a lot of people, the pay is great and I love the part time aspect.

Summer weather isn't really here yet so I haven't done much in my yard/garden yet. And I can only bake so much, I mean heck we love to eat sweets and home baked goodies but I don't need to gain a lot of weight! Try none, I need to gain none!

Mainly my issue is I don't have any friends here, although that isn't entirely true. Its just that people are so busy its hard to find time to spend time with others. For me its a matter of needing to be around people and be active without spending any money to do it.

There is so much beautiful scenery here that I should just go for a walk. Maybe I am lazy?

Does this make any sense? LOL Sometimes I just want people to talk to ya know?

OR maybe I just have spring fever....

~Barb

Gluten Free October 18, 2007

YIPPEE for Gluten free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i can relate. i don't have many friend here either. the only people i socialize with are my husband, my parents (over the phone), one of the girls i work with who is my age, and my next door neighbor (who is my mom's age). it can be kinda lonely. we live real close to a river trail, and i always say, oh i should go for a walk/bike ride...but i never do <_<

do you attend church? i keep telling myself i need to go back to church because if nothing else, it's a great social environment.

you could always join a gym/rec center. lots of people there, doing the same thing as you :)

hope you can find a friend ;)

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

i can relate. i don't have many friend here either. the only people i socialize with are my husband, my parents (over the phone), one of the girls i work with who is my age, and my next door neighbor (who is my mom's age). it can be kinda lonely. we live real close to a river trail, and i always say, oh i should go for a walk/bike ride...but i never do <_<

do you attend church? i keep telling myself i need to go back to church because if nothing else, it's a great social environment.

you could always join a gym/rec center. lots of people there, doing the same thing as you :)

hope you can find a friend ;)

We moved here 5 years ago and we left behind a whole life, friends included. It seems so hard to meet people at times. Don't get me wrong, I have some friends here but everyone is always busy, myself included.

I'm glad someone understands though. Which is why I come on here, its easy. Maybe thats part of the problem, the Internet is where I make all my friends now.

Also though, we are all recovering from Celiac - Some people just seem to go and go and go and they have lots of friends and are involved in all kinds of things. I don't have the energy for that. I come home in the evenings and I don't want to belong to some activity, I want to be home with my family.

I think this is one of the reasons I have wanted a cafe, I see it as busy, the meeting place of a small town, old friends and new ones. Does that make sense?

I don't go to Church and probably never will, long and not so pleasant history there!

~Barb

Gluten Free October 18, 2007

YIPPEE for Gluten free