Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm usually so careful :unsure: about what kind of chicken or poultry I pick up at the store, but I was in a rush due to the storms in the area. So I bought a Tip Top brand hen for Mother's Day tomorrow. I read the back but not the front. At home, I realized it is injected with up to a 15% of a solution containing: water, salt, sugar, flavoring (No artificial flavorings, minimally processed). Of course, it's the weekend, so I can't contact the company. Should I give the hen away or cook it tomorrow?

Life-long symptoms- difficulty gaining weight, fatigue, constipation, large stool, gas, dry skin, sinus allergies. Doctors recommended eating larger portions. Symptoms worsened.

Symptoms lasted three months before going gluten-free- weight loss, D, extreme irritability, skin problems.

11/06 Positive bloodwork.

12/06 Started gluten-free diet.

1/07 Canceled biopsy (symptoms were gone and I was finally gaining weight- 10 pounds in six weeks).

9/07 I've gained 20 pounds. Yeah!

9/08 Youngest daughter diagnosed with Celiac Disease. (D eliminated, behavior improved, schoolwork improved.)

11/08 Two years gluten-free!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry you didn't get an answer before Mother's Day, but the meat is OK. If a solution like that in meat contains any grain, the USDA requires that the grain be clearly listed. This applies to all raw meats.

richard

Thanks for your reply. That's helpful information! I've become extremely cautious lately and have had to go back to the basics. We got a different chicken just in case.

Life-long symptoms- difficulty gaining weight, fatigue, constipation, large stool, gas, dry skin, sinus allergies. Doctors recommended eating larger portions. Symptoms worsened.

Symptoms lasted three months before going gluten-free- weight loss, D, extreme irritability, skin problems.

11/06 Positive bloodwork.

12/06 Started gluten-free diet.

1/07 Canceled biopsy (symptoms were gone and I was finally gaining weight- 10 pounds in six weeks).

9/07 I've gained 20 pounds. Yeah!

9/08 Youngest daughter diagnosed with Celiac Disease. (D eliminated, behavior improved, schoolwork improved.)

11/08 Two years gluten-free!